Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in visitor/pay-per-hr parking as a permit holder

Options
  • 12-10-2016 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I got a ticket today for doing this today even though I paid my 3 euro daily rate. Enforcement notice says 'parked in visitor area and not permit'.

I was pretty sure I had done this before and you could still pay for parking.

I came in late today because I had a hospital appointment and the only free spaces were in those areas.

Anyone else park in the pay parking?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

It doesn't say anything anywhere on the website about permit-holders not being allowed to pay for parking, should they need to. You should definitely appeal. I have a permit and I've had to park (and pay, obviously) in the visitors' car park a few times (the one beside the Tierney Building), and I've never been fined for it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

You can definitely park in the visitors car parks as long as you've paid and displayed/paid using the app, I do it regularly and have never been clamped. Definitely appeal!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Thanks Ray and Rosie.

I parked up by Quinn today in the big gravel carpark and walked over to the pay and display bit and there's no mention of permit holders not allowed in that section. I had parked over by sports yesterday but presumably the same rules apply in all visitor carparks. It says permit not valid on the signs, but I know that and I paid and displayed yesterday.

I have kept the pay and display slip as evidence as well.

I had a look yesterday Ray as well at the website in the commuting section but I was so raging I couldn't concentrate to look through all the fine print but at a glance I agree that it says nothing about permitted cars not allowed to park in the visitor/pay and display.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bringupthebook

Victoria. wrote: »
    Thanks Ray and Rosie.

I parked up by Quinn today in the big gravel carpark and walked over to the pay and display bit and there's no mention of permit holders not allowed in that section. I had parked over by sports yesterday but presumably the same rules apply in all visitor carparks. It says permit not valid on the signs, but I know that and I paid and displayed yesterday.

I have kept the pay and display slip as evidence as well.

I had a look yesterday Ray as well at the website in the commuting section but I was so raging I couldn't concentrate to look through all the fine print but at a glance I agree that it says nothing about permitted cars not allowed to park in the visitor/pay and display.

Could you have been parked in the spaces reserved for public members of gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I don't think so because the ticket said 'visitor' parking. The spaces weren't painted in blue either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement