Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal Logic 24 Combi boiler.

Options
  • 12-10-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a Ideal Logic 24 Combi boiler. we only use the wired thermostat to switch the boiler on/off. I was thinking of getting the nest thermostat but it is not compatible with this boiler so was thinking of leaving boiler in on position and getting a wemo socket so I could switch the boiler on before I get home some nights. Ay thoughts on this? Good /Bad idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

It's been done but it's not a great idea imo.

Have you looked at other heating specific options

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Hi Stoner thanks for the reply.
    I have not thought of any other solutions as the boiler is working fine.
    I would just like to turn in /off when not at home so the Wemo looked best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Have you looked at other remote timers apart from the nest? Or is it a case that your boiler won't work with any remote timer?

No I have not looked into other remote timers as I did not think there were any.
    I will have another look instead of going down the wemo route.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

There's a good few options out there that would combine calendars , timers etc with remote on/ off. And better again some wireless stats

I'm going to throw out lightwaverf heating controls to you to have a look out.

But there are some more simple versions too.
    Have a look at the heatmiser neostat

• Advertisement

Cheers Stoner

Advertisement