Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek or Giant

Options
  • 12-10-2016 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Hoping for some help here:

Struggling to decide between the Trek 1.2 and Giant Contend 2 sl.

Any views? My requirement is just to have a decent road bike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

which one do you prefer the look of? Get a quick spin on both and see which is more comfortable, or pick the one with the best colour scheme.
    Both are reputable makes, although I prefer Giant to Trek purely because a cheating American rode Trek...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I was going to offer advice,but triggermortis has already given it!! I would'nt ride a Trek if I got it for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Civil Eng wrote: »
    My requirement is just to have a decent road bike.

Both are decent road bikes with similar equipment and you'll be happy with either. As stated, try both of them to see if one feels better than the other and also consider whichever one looks 'sexier' to you.

Neither will disappoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

I vote for Giant,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I vote for the other brand in the shop that is just as good, for the same price, that does not blend in with everyone elses.

• Advertisement

Have a similar Trek have got great use out of it.

Advertisement