Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minikin V2 and TCR Problems

• 12-10-2016 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭

Unlikely as it is that someone on here will be encountering the same problem as me I said I'd start here at home looking for solutions and then broaden my search .

So , for the last year or more I have been using Stainless Steel 316L in TCR mode, in all my tanks, on all my mods . Cuboid, Evic mini, Evic AIO, and two Picos, Kayfun V5,Serpent, Serpent Mini, Triton 2, Bachelor Nano Melo 3 mini . All of them work, all of the time . TCR set to 0092 .

I bought the Minikin V2 this morning and set the TCR to ( both 0.00920 and 0.00092 , just to check both but I believe it should be 0.00092 , open to correction here ). When you attach a tank you go to the menu and get it to check the resistance of the coil and accept, it doesn't specifically have a lock res function . Then set the mode to TCR and hit the fire button . If you vape straight away while the screen is still lit then it works away in TCR mode but as soon as the screen goes off and you bring it back on again it has changed to 'Coil' mode, which is set to SS .

I know it's remote but has anyone else seen this or can suggest a work around .

I know I can vape it in wattage mode or I can buy 316 SS or even 317 SS as it has modes for both of these but I was hoping to be able to use it with the wire I currently have loads of :) .

The other option I have is to try and learn TFR mode ..... well let me just say last week was my fiftieth birthday , yes fiftieth , like 5 and then 0 , like the number that comes after all the 40's ( yes it keeps on going, no idea why ) so learning new tricks ain't exactly my forte and I haven't come across a basic English version of a tutorial .

Any help much appreciated , I really want to like this mod . It has a nice size and it feels nice in the hand . It's very well built, looks nice and the battery life is supposed to be great .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I think DJLSBs review on the sigelei 213 goes into decent detail on TFR.

Basically it is similar to TCR but more basic.

So the resistance figure is the 92. It stays the same no matter the temp. What TFR is, a different TCR value depending on the temp the coil is at at any point in time. So TFR plots different TCRs on a curve.

So wild non accurate examples.

At 100 deg, TCR is 50
    At 150 deg, TCR is 75
    At 200 deg, TCR is 100
    At 250 deg, TCR is 125.

It won't go up in the same increments as above as it is on a curve, just to give you an idea.

There is a website that will give you the different TFR values. I think on your device it will basically ask you for the TCR at different temps, the website will have these so just enter them.

Regarding your issue, I don't fully understand, but does it work fine when it does work in TCR?

If not, try 115 instead of 92.

I don't have the device, just remembered DJLSB explaining it for the sigelei.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

moleyv wrote: »
    Regarding your issue, I don't fully understand, but does it work fine when it does work in TCR?

yeah , you set it to TCR and vape it while the screen is still lit and it's fine , keep vaping keep the screen lit and it works fine . Stop firing it for a bit and the screen goes blank, as with all mods, when you fire again and look at the screen it has dropped into 'Coil' mode, which is SS Ti Ni mode .

Well I managed to work out the old TFR thingy .

The confusing part was the 5 temp points , I mean where was I supposed to get them from ?

And then it hit me , they are already programmed into the Mod you moron !

So I went back to the Steam Engine and gave it my wire parameters and entered the numbers it gave me into the mod.

Popped on my tank fired it and away she went..............until the screen went off and it went back to 'Coil' mode :mad:

Have you tried the tank on a different mod, just to make sure the coil isn't the fault, sometimes if the wires are touching it will jump out of TC.

Unfortunately asmodus aren't known for their temp control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

• Advertisement

moleyv wrote: »
    Have you tried the tank on a different mod, just to make sure the coil isn't the fault, sometimes if the wires are touching it will jump out of TC.

Unfortunately asmodus aren't known for their temp control.

yeah i have , and tried a few different tanks as well . Oddly enough Vaping with Vic says the opposite , he said that Asmodus are known for doing TC very well .

Swipe & hold...

Yeah , I watched that last night , I'm not sure where he is getting the swpie and hold from . Its a slowish and steady swipe down and tap as opposed to the quick swipe you would do on your mobile .

I've contacted Asmodus about this to see if they are aware of it , maybe it's just mine . I might also ask in the Facebook group to get others to try it for me and see what happens with theirs .

One of the lads in the Facebook group tried his today in TCR mode and it did the exact same as mine so it is obviously a fault that can hopefully be fixed with a firmware upgrade .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Keep us up to date on this issue if you don't mind, I have one on the way.

• Advertisement

Well the latest update is that it happens to the Asmodus' moderators mod too, so I am hopeful that he will follow it up .

Also, I made a video of whats happening to help better explain it , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG1yxIddHh8

as an aside , from the video you can also see how easy it is to work the 'slide to unlock' screen :)

Just as this may be an impromptu minikin v2 thread, I don't find the battery life great like everyone says. The set of batteries I use for it might be getting on in age though.

How do you find it?

I think .............yeah, think, I find it great, but I'm not sure because I have a few on the go at once and it's not used that often and I have a completely new pair of samsung 30Qs in it .

Yeah I found other mods better with the same batteries and set up.

I got the white, the paint finish is really nice and quite grippy, not slippy like might be expected. The paint has almost a pearl effect. Really nice, I was questioning not getting the rubberised finish colours but really happy with my choice.

I must get some new batteries and try it out.

Advertisement