Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received a letter to register, but I am opening the bank account

Options
  • 12-10-2016 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, 

I moved in on october 5th, since then I was looking for the MPRN number with my landlord.

Fortunately, I received a letter from ESB today 12/10(with the MPRN number), telling me that I need to register my account. 

I want to put in direct debit in a bank account, but I am opening my bank account and I think my account will be ok, next week (18/10 probably).

Is this a problem? Will I be disconnected ?

Ricardo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for your message.

We would recommend registering the account in your name as soon as possible in order to avoid any disruption in your supply.

You can register the property in your name online here, over the phone with a member of our Customer Service team (available to call on 1850 372 372, from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday), or via private message here on Boards.ie.

If you would like us to register your property in your name here on Boards.ie, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your Electric Ireland account number (if you previously had an Electric Ireland account in your name)
    • Your address
    • Your contact number and date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient, and only required if you previously had an account with Electric Ireland)
    • Your MPRN and/or GPRN
    • A meter reading taken the day you moved into the property
    • The date you moved into the property
    We can then register the supply at the premises in your name.

Once your bank account has been set up you can then add the direct debit details to your account.

If you wish to avail of savings with Electric Ireland you can register for direct debit over the phone with a member of our Sales team. They are available to call on 1850 305 090, from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturdays.

Alternatively, if you just wish to register the direct debit details on your account, you can do so online here.

We hope this helps. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ricardo4000

Thanks Brige. 

I have a question: If I register now, Will be at the $300 deposit ? If the answer is YES, When my account number arrive, Can I change to direct debit? 
    If YES, What Happens with the deposit ? Refund to my credit card ? Immediatelly after noticed my account number ?

Thanks,

Ricardo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for your message.Customers registering a new account with Electric Ireland, or customers re-opening an account after an extended period of time, are required to pay a €300 security deposit.

However, this deposit is not required should the customer register a direct debit on the account.

The security deposit is also not required should the customer register for a Pay As You Go meter with Electric Ireland. Our Sales team (available on 1850 305 090, 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturdays), should be in a position to answer any queries you may have regarding the Pay As You Go system with Electric Ireland.

Should you wish to set a direct debit up on your account you can do so after you register your supply with Electric Ireland. Customers have approximately two weeks to pay the security deposit after registering their account with Electric ireland. Should you set up the direct debit before this period you would not be required to pay the deposit.

If a customer were to pay the security deposit and then register direct debit on the account, the security deposit would be returned to their Electric Ireland account. This amount can then be refunded to the customer by cheque, or used against future electricity bills until the amount has been cleared.

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
    Brige

Advertisement