Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADVICE OR HELP IN MY COURSE AND FAMILY

Options
  • 12-10-2016 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

ADVICE OR HELP IN MY COURSE AND FAMILY
    So I'm currently doing a course which i dont like. Unfortunately i didnt get into adult nursing which i was gutted about. I told my mother a million times that i wanna drop out of this course im currently doing and go to england to do nursing which i got accepted this year and so i wouldnt be wasting time by staying home. But she keeps saying no as i have no one there to look after me or protect me cause im alone in england and i could be peer pressured to do illegal things. I'm 18, i dont need nobody but she wont listen. My mother keeps saying to continue doing the course and switch next year to do nursing. But what if i dont get into nursing next year in ireland and lose out in the opportunity to do it england. But also the free fees will stop in aug 2017 which will just be bad cause i've lost out on that.

I'm currently forced to this course but is it really worth it? I want to do nursing and go to england. So do you think i should just go abroad and don't listen to what my parents have to say as its my career and btw they will abandon me but its my dream job. I'm so lost. But theres nothing i can say to let my mother to let me go, I tried everything. I just hate this bloody course so much. I also tried getting into nursing 2 times and was 3rd time lucky in england. But all of a sudden shes saying no and its not gonna work out in england.

Just need advice really in what to do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Do you still have time to accept the nursing course in UK for this year?
    How does it work out in terms of fees and somewhere to live?
    Is there a careers officer you can talk to in college (or your old school)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 unknowngirlxxx

Yes, I still have time to accept it. But in order for me to do it, I need to withdraw from this course which im currently doing.
    The fees are free as NHS pay for it. Living? I could live in the campus. Careers officer left me the decision to make.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try asking in the health sciences education forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1274

Advertisement