Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocketsmith - AIB - Blocked

• 12-10-2016 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

So ive been using pocketsmith for well over a year without issue. Yesterday AIB blocked my account because of my automatic sync with pocketsmith. They blatantly told me over the phone they will not support he use of these types of apps that pull bank feeds from their online site.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

2Shae wrote: »
    So ive been using pocketsmith for well over a year without issue. Yesterday AIB blocked my account because of my automatic sync with pocketsmith. They blatantly told me over the phone they will not support he use of these types of apps that pull bank feeds from their online site.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yup, been using prosper for over a year then my access to AIB internet banking was blocked. When I called them they said it was because of the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

2Shae wrote: »
    They blatantly told me over the phone they will not support he use of these types of apps that pull bank feeds from their online site.

Don't shoot the messenger.

There's nothing 'blatant' about a bank call centre employee simply doing their job and reading off a script.

I'm not aware that any of the banks have published APIs for banking applications so I assume the tools/apps mentioned in the two posts above involve screen scraping which the banks would not tolerate once they are detected. If the banks get p1ssed off with screen scrapers then what they will do is frontend their app with a 'captcha' (fuzzy characters you have to read and type on the screen to prove there's a human using the app) which will be a PITA for people trying to use the app on mobile phones.

Advertisement