Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Need a bit of advice on freelance buisness

Options
  • 12-10-2016 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey ive worked freelance in makeup for 2 years in salons and was looking to rent a chair to bring my own clients to a rented clothes shop which is newly opening this month with a makeup room upstairs the rent was 50 euro a week and before i even started she raised the rent to 75 euro a week i choose my own hours and work by my own book.

The owner of this new shop at the interview was telling me my prices were too high for example 50 euro for a makeup lesson were in other places its 75! Then she asked me to do a particular makeup look on every client cause its what she liked which was way too over dramatic and drag like for the clientele that i have let alone somebody going to a debs! She then began to tell me what to wear and making me wear a top to work with her shop name on it! If im the makeup artist renting my own space for my own clients then what right has she got for butting in on my makeup buisness and giving me a uniform if im nothing to do with her shop i am just there for makeovers? She also wants me to give the client a hour slot where makeup should take no longer than 25 minutes if a client just walks in they are not going to wait for a hour i wont be very busy if i were to do that clients normally are in a rush.

I understand makeup artists wear all black but why the uniform if im not working for her? She then had the nerve to text me today saying that i need to respond to her texts asap i work full time and this shop hasn't opened yet she gives me different dates every time and shes telling me for the position i need to answer her straight away so i got fairly annoyed at her and told her shes not my boss and to stop acting like it im renting off her she should be minding her own buisness unless she wants to book a make up appointment! Id understand fully if i was working for her but shes very cocky. she then lied and said i had no interest in renting the space as i didnt reply to a message i never got! What the hell? When you are renting a space how has that person got any right to try and interfere with my makeup buisness and to try get me to lower my prices! Also her clothing sizes run fairly small average Irish woman is a size 14 if she wants her shop to do well she needs to cater to all bodytypes in my opinion or go up at least 3 sizes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Start looking for a chair to rent in another location.

I guess you've nothing signed with her as yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Sounds like you should have cut her off at the first stupid request. By letting her dictate one thing, she thinks she can take over, then strops when it doesn't go her way.
    AFAIK, theirs plenty of chairs, spaces to rent all over the country, I'd take great pleasure in telling her you are going to work for her competition (even if you are not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

It sounds like she believes you are working for her. Find a new room in a different premises i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Irishgirl2015

Start looking for a chair to rent in another location.

I guess you've nothing signed with her as yet?

There was no contracts signed up to begin with which made my friends and family think she could up the rent and turf me out anytime she pleased. She wanted my storage units for my makeup to match her shop and it couldn't be in colour! After she texted me yesterday i lost it and told her to calm her ego and that shes not my boss and that shes nothing to do with the makeup artists she gets her rent and minds her buisness i told her to shove it! She then went on insulting me saying i can keep my disney makeup looks lol what a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

So you dodged a bullet then

• Advertisement
Advertisement