Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I switch between headphone to speakers n the taskbar?

Options
  • 12-10-2016 9:15pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right now I have to plug in and out the headphones to switch, but Id rather leave them plugged in and switch via a shortcut on the tasksbar etc. Is this possible does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Zascar wrote: »
    Right now I have to plug in and out the headphones to switch, but Id rather leave them plugged in and switch via a shortcut on the tasksbar etc. Is this possible does anyone know?

Are we talking about external speakers? If so where are they plugged into?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

^ Not quite

It depends on the mobo/setup. If you're talking FP Audio vs CH1 on the rear in some cases its a complete override, others you can select with the onboard DACs utility. Unfortunately this is often several clicks. Windows will see a single sound device (as there is only one) so it cant switch them.

If you've got speakers over HDMI or TOSLink etc then you can use something like this: http://audioswit.ch/er

Advertisement