Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running costs (not coding or Graphics) for an App

Options
  • 12-10-2016 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I had an idea which is now a business idea. I have costed the creation of, and have the bare bones of a business structure. I still believe in the idea.

I have lots of info on the pre-launch costs, development including graphics, marketing and all that entails.

I am pleading for a response consisting of a brain dump of ALL POSSIBLE running costs for a year of managing and maintaining a live App available for Apple and Android.

Let it be a long and messy list, multiple entries, you as a contributor do as little work as possible but please contribute, and I will sort it and organise the info.

For now, reply with some running costs by name, and if there was an estimate of this cost then have a go at this too. (the app would be lets say a card game where users play snap for 2 minutes and get a score which is added to a leaderboard and can be shared on social media).

Costs I can foresee include hosting (annually guessing 400 euro) , support (annually guessing 1200 euro)
    PLEASE ADD any info, helpful if possible!!

If I get lots of info that looks to be of any use I will post up once i have something I can send to people and will share with anyone who pms or requests it or whatever.

GRMA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BX100

If you just want a server with a database to hold high scores and user info. Cost : FREE
    Loads of services offer this for free and try and upsell you other services.

I dont see what kind of support costs you'd be paying. Where does that figure come from?

Annual cost of an Apple Developer license to host you app on iTunes, unless you want the developer to host/submit it via there own account. Cost $99. The google play license is about $25 I think, dont know for sure since I only program Apple (iOS) apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Aidan Harney

I have an arbitrary end date for this line of questioning set for tomorrow night.
    So far I have got the following items that I should then put costs against.
    It may be of use to others... list to date...

Domain regisgtration
    Development costs for Graphic design
    Development costs for App
    App Development licenses for Android and IOS
    SSL Certificate
    Optional ongoign App testing & auditors
    Hosting & Delivering
    SEO
    Product Maintenance & versions

Advertisement