Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling on Youtube.

Options
  • 12-10-2016 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi guys, was looking for some decent Youtube cycling channels, which channels do you find good?
    I find GCN (Global Cycling Network) great.
    It has everything and anything you'd need to know about cycling with a good show every Tuesday.
    Recently got into "Cycling Maven" too, he's an Australian guy from Melbourne who has a daily vlog and show good cycling trips covered.
    And the "Col Collective" is amazing too, very well made videos of the worlds best climbs, very inspirational.
    So do you guys watch any other channels? What are your opinions on the above? If you haven't checked them out already, I'd advise it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Bike radar, orica green edge/bike exchange back stage pass, uci channel this week

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sunsets On Tuesday

neris wrote: »
    Bike radar, orica green edge/bike exchange back stage pass, uci channel this week
    Ah yes, forgot about Bike Radar, do some good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Roadhawk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Danny MacAskill.
    Danny MacAskill.
    Danny MacAskill.

And in case I forgot to mention it or you've missed it; Danny MacAskill.

Besides BikeRadar, SingleTrack and Global Mountain Bike Network are worth a watch, and the Redbull rampage channel is entertaining for some of the more nutty Downhill & Freeride MTB stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i watched the beginning of a durian rider video the other day but mother****ing had to ****ing turn the ****ting thing off because the ****ing level of mother****ing cursing was almost self parody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

GCN also for me
    I also like:- A1 Coaching https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkRq6Nr_yEdn5493tXTOo6w
    and because I love vintage I enjoy:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gez5oR6i_hE

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

All listed above are great but... my favourite one is "The Vegan Cyclist". Great guy with great attitude. Especially for crit racers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

GCN is decent and pretty much the only one I am watching for the last year or so. Park tools channel is worth checking out for some bike related content.

mashsf.com has a pretty interesting video section

i watched the beginning of a durian rider video the other day but mother****ing had to ****ing turn the ****ting thing off because the ****ing level of mother****ing cursing was almost self parody.
    I'd agree with that! Couldn't really stand him to be honest, good quality videos but just didn't like his personality.

Lemming wrote: »
    Danny MacAskill.
    Danny MacAskill.
    Danny MacAskill.

Besides BikeRadar, SingleTrack and Global Mountain Bike Network are worth a watch, and the Redbull rampage channel is entertaining for some of the more nutty Downhill & Freeride MTB stuff.
    Yeah agree with that, some of that Redbull stuff is just insane, really entertaining to watch. Some of the downhill stuff is so steep you wonder how they do it.. without breaking. Sheer brillant madness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Danny MacAskill.
    Danny MacAskill.
    Danny MacAskill.

Don't forget Claudio Calouri the man is a legend and has some of the most entertaining mtb clips on youtube.

Forgot about the Parktools channel and Claudio! Watched a recent video with himself & Peaty racing each other at Lenzerheide whilst commenting on the DH track prior to race day; decent tag-team commentary.

Forgot about the Parktools channel and Claudio! Watched a recent video with himself & Peaty racing each other at Lenzerheide whilst commenting on the DH track prior to race day; decent tag-team commentary.

His redbull rampage course review is excellent. Those gaps and drop offs are ridiculous. I'm surprised those lads can get up on those bikes with plums that size.

Rampage guinea pigs sending it :eek:

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/bike/stories/1331823609474/rampage-2016-guinea-pigs-line-testing-practice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Check irelands own Peter Taylor https://youtu.be/2j7dx62a8Mo

Although best start with this video #futuretinderwife https://youtu.be/Nka5SJvUoVI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

SprinterDellaCasa. Hasn't uploaded anything in a while but really good to watch with regards to race tactics. https://www.youtube.com/user/SprinterDellaCasa/videos

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Don't forget Claudio Calouri the man is a legend and has some of the most entertaining mtb clips on youtube.
    Ah yes Claudio! I was trying to remember his name but it just slipped my mind, yeah his commentary is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Thud

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i can't help thinking when i'm watching GCN videos that matt stephens's face was designed by aardman studios.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    His redbull rampage course review is excellent. Those gaps and drop offs are ridiculous. I'm surprised those lads can get up on those bikes with plums that size.

When you see some of those lines from that angle, they just look utterly sick. As in "do not pass squeaky bum moment, go directly to shorts-liner-filling moment".

Beginneth the rampage :D

Thud wrote: »

And that's Dan Atherton doing the 2016 Redbull hardline race. One sibling of three from a family with serious pedigree. His sister Rachel is the reigning world DH champion and the first rider to achieve a 'perfect' season to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭alexinkildare

GCN everytime. Entertaining and informative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MileyReilly

Durianrider ftw

Durianrider ftw

ftw?? full tilt W@nk€r?

He's a tad heart broken these days. No more click bait pics for his vlogs now freelee is down the road :D

Uncle Chester is the man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

davgtrek wrote: »
    Very cool, well produced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Very cool, well produced!

Really beautiful, especially Ballaghbearna Mist and the winter Kerry cycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Roadhawk wrote: »

Nice, I've just subscribed.. I only hope he's not the type of bellend who screams reg numbers and places himself in danger to show other people are at fault, but so far so good ~ thanks :D Oh, and he and I share a lot of the same roads!.

For me my usual channel is GNC.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

If you're into MTB holidays, this new-ish guy BKXC is growing pretty fast. He took a leave of absence from his job to cycle the best trails in the world.

For nerdy stuff, Cycling Maven's mate, Shane Miller is pretty informative. He sold his share is a Tech Security company and tried his hand at YouTube.

This channel hasn't uploaded in awhile but, Behind The Barriers TV, charts serial American CX Champ Jeremy Powers seasons.

BKXC is quality material. I've only just come across him. I like the way he makes mistakes like the rest of us meet mortals.

Seths bike hacks is another for mtb but he can be a tad annoying but serious pair of plums on him he'll take on any run.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭connie_c

How the race was won used to be great but hasn't been uploading much lately. https://m.youtube.com/user/cosmocatalano

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭theflamingpig

The cycling maven is really good. Some other channels I like are nationsnumber1beast, shane miller, CyclingCam and the vegan cyclist (he's not insane btw).

Advertisement