Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet pub/hotel to meet on Friday night?

Options
  • 12-10-2016 11:46pm

I know tv-free pubs are still unfortunately few and far between in Dublin - and even a tv-free pub like Grogans will be very noisy with the crowd.

I'm meeting a few people and we'd just like good chats without having to raise our voices with loud music and tv on.

Where would you recommend? It can be north or south of the Liffey. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Neary's on Chatham St. is a little quieter than most city pubs on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I was in Doheny & Nesbitt's on a Friday night recently and was amazed at how uncrowded it was - time was it'd have been absolutely jammers and spilling out onto the street.

Twas very civilised indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

The gravediggers. Even singing is banned. Best conversational pub in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

The Library Bar at the Central Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

The Daswon Lounge maybe, can be quite cosy if there's a few of you.

• Advertisement

Not sure if it's still the same, few years ago used to go with a group sometimes of a Friday to Toddy's Bar in the Gresham and it was quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Just thought of another one, Hartigans on Leeson street, bit of a dive but does a savage pint of Guinness and is usually kinda busy but never packed

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

The Duke

Advertisement