Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue restoring factory settings on laptop

Options
  • 12-10-2016 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭

So I went to wipe my Lenovo G505s using the program One Key Recovery. It processed the restoration and when it's finished gives the option to reboot/shut down. The problem is when I reboot the computer loads up the one key recovery again at the start of the process causing an endless loop where I can't boot windows. I've searched the web for similar issues but haven't found much. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Not sure if I've given enough info so if there's anything else I should provide just ask.

Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭golfcaptain

No familiarity with that FYI. Just read over this link. Does it not give you an option to exit the program like in the picture under Restore System section on that page?

PS
    You seem to have posted the same thread 4 times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Why are you restoring the laptop. Did you get ransomware?

Advertisement