Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedamore, thoughts on the area please ?

• 13-10-2016 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm currently house hunting and would like peoples thoughts etc on Fedamore in general and specifically the Cluain Ard estate. I've had a drive around the place and it all looks quite nice, but is it ?

I've read some bad things about Fedamore, but most of the posts are old, so wondered what it's like now ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is there anything in Fedamore? I don't see the attraction. It's got a primary school but after that I'm not sure if even has shops or a pub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Ericdravancrow

Allegedly there was some rough city people moved out there a few years ago...cheap houses. May have changed since. Allegedly JPs brother (or his wife) has a nice gaff out there. Fedamore lodge, (Allegedly x 20 just in case)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Allegedly there was some rough city people moved out there a few years ago...cheap houses. May have changed since. Allegedly JPs brother (or his wife) has a nice gaff out there. Fedamore lodge, (Allegedly x 20 just in case)

My mate was living out there, his family also lived there as well. So himself, his mother and aunt have all moved back into the city, because of the rough people who moved out and brought trouble and crime a plenty with them. Just asked a buddy(Sgt in Henry Street) said it's a sh!thole with all the city folk, most of which have previous convictions into the 50's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Fedamore has been dodgy enough for generations. It's not really to do with the 'city folk' moving out there, although that hasn't helped metters. It's always had a reputation.

Interestingly, back in the 30's when the government brought Charles Lindbergh over to help them pick out a site for a transatlantic airport, Fedamore was high on the shortlist. In the end, a marshy area known as Rineanna was chosen and that went on to become Shannon Airport / Shannon Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mitch1

Thanks for the heads up guys, i'll give that area a miss then !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I viewed number 25. Stay away from this development, cheap for a reason!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

One less town to look at for a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Jesus lads the door's must be really high in here since ye all rode in on yer high horses

I've lived in fedamore village for 4 years , and down the road from it for 28 and never had a problem with it the only major thing that has happened in my life time is the feud lads coming ....you guessed it out from town to kill some fella (also from town). Fedamore is a lovely quite place , There is one estate not cluin ard where there is a few few rough families and no there not local people they are people from the regeneration project.

Shops and Amenities, Ballyneety and Croom are both within 10 minutes drive of the place and have shops there is a pub, church and primary school gaa field etc. (you'll be fine if you have a car).

The nerve and old wives tales of the some of the people on here is a ****ing joke seriously.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

myshirt wrote: »
    I viewed number 25. Stay away from this development, cheap for a reason!

There is such a dearth of new houses in Limerick that we were considering viewing that estate but I have heard from more than one person it is a cheap build. I did like the idea of living there as it's close to Limerick and close to my parents in Kilmallock but they are the only new houses there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Jesus lads the door's must be really high in here since ye all rode in on yer high horses

I've lived in fedamore village for 4 years , and down the road from it for 28 and never had a problem with it the only major thing that has happened in my life time is the feud lads coming ....you guessed it out from town to kill some fella (also from town). Fedamore is a lovely quite place , There is one estate not cluin ard where there is a few few rough families and no there not local people they are people from the regeneration project.

Shops and Amenities, Ballyneety and Croom are both within 10 minutes drive of the place and have shops there is a pub, church and primary school gaa field etc. (you'll be fine if you have a car).

The nerve and old wives tales of the some of the people on here is a ****ing joke seriously.

Well said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

They need to be shrank a bit... :D

imqnaa.jpg

the only major thing that has happened in my life time is the feud lads coming ....you guessed it out from town to kill some fella (also from town).

Jesus Christ man, you make that sound like such a trivial inconvenience, the presence of hired murderers in your neighbourhood being akin to wasps and bees buzzing around your ice cream in the summer. The "feud lads" :rolleyes:

Advertisement