Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wouhou! Double yellow lane on one side of Clonsilla link road!

Options
  • 13-10-2016 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Discovered it this morning :woot:

Been waiting for so long to get that road sorted.

I know commuters wont be happy, but it was a pain every time to cross it during the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Which side has it been placed on, from the perspective of the petrol station junction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Are they all the way down one side? Yesterday there were cars parked all the way up to Mount Symon on one side, coming out of Mount Symon it was impossible to see around them. Incredibly dangerous with cars flying up the link road at 60 kmph towards the traffic lights onto the Ongar Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Which side has it been placed on, from the perspective of the petrol station junction?

If you're turning right onto the Link road from the garage junction, the yellow lines are on the left (west) side of the road. Believe it or not, a dozen or so idiots still parked on the yellow lines this morning. If it's not policed, then it'll be a waste of time! Granted, the lines were not there yesterday so there was no warning. I imagine a few last minute commuters legging it got a shock this morning!!

Are they all the way down one side? Yesterday there were cars parked all the way up to Mount Symon on one side, coming out of Mount Symon it was impossible to see around them. Incredibly dangerous with cars flying up the link road at 60 kmph towards the traffic lights onto the Ongar Road.

All the way on the west (Ongar) side. I sympathise with commuters struggling to find parking but that road was too dangerous for parking on both sides. They should make one of the wasteland fields beside it a temporary car park until houses are actually built on them. Theyve been idle for 11 years now. Road opened in 2005!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I saw the line painting crew there last night, but they hadn't started so I didn't know what they were painting. It never occurred to me that it would be double yellow lines, they're long overdue on that road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

ongarboy wrote: »
    All the way on the west (Ongar) side. I sympathise with commuters struggling to find parking but that road was too dangerous for parking on both sides. They should make one of the wasteland fields beside it a temporary car park until houses are actually built on them. Theyve been idle for 11 years now. Road opened in 2005!

Was literally about to post the exact same thing.

Great news, just passed it, trouble is I counted about 6 cars who parked on the double yellows today! They need to make an example and get them clamped before more follow suit.

Correction! 9 cars parked on the double yellow lines

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Great news, just passed it, trouble is I counted about 6 cars who parked on the double yellows today! They need to make an example and get them clamped before more follow suit.

I'd be sympathetic to them today if they parked there every day previously (legally) and then went as normal today to find it double yellow without warning -i'd probably panic myself and wonder where was I going to park if the other side is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

saggycaggy wrote: »
    I'd be sympathetic to them today if they parked there every day previously (legally) and then went as normal today to find it double yellow without warning -i'd probably panic myself and wonder where was I going to park if the other side is full.

I hope they get clamped. Just because it was legal yesterday doesn't mean it is today.

There's big yellow lines to indicate the situation. Things change, move on or get clamped.

About time the fixed this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

The double yellows may not be legally binding yet - there was a well known case in Letrim a few years ago where the local judge continuously parked on the double yellows outside the courthouse for years because the co. co. had not yet put the location into their by laws or regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I hope they get clamped. Just because it was legal yesterday doesn't mean it is today.

There's big yellow lines to indicate the situation. Things change, move on or get clamped.

About time the fixed this.

Ah FFS, give folks a day at least. Clamp from Monday. I'd say that'd be fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Fingal don't clamp AFAIK, they still issue parking tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Fingal don't clamp AFAIK, they still issue parking tickets

Exactly, no clamping on public roads in Fingal, long may it be so, it's a disgraceful liberty by some Councils. If a car is in a dangerous position it should be towed, otherwise a ticket is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Its ridiculous that there's a massive patch of land beside it that nothing seems to be done with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

thomasj wrote: »
    Its ridiculous that there's a massive patch of land beside it that nothing seems to be done with

I agree. And the simple truth is that a lot of people still have to drive to clobsilla train station so the need for parking is definitely there

Out of interest, did anyone pass down this road today? Are the yellow lines being observed this week?

ongarboy wrote: »
    Out of interest, did anyone pass down this road today? Are the yellow lines being observed this week?

Yes! Not one car parked on them today!

Yes! Not one car parked on them today!

Cheers. Such a pleasure to drive that road without hazard today. I think they added new SLOW rumble marks on the road too if I'm not mistaken.

Advertisement