Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do after RTC

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Today's one was a driver reversing:

The driver checked the mirror, proceeded to reverse "until the reverse sensor buzzer was constant" then there was a bang!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

07Lapierre wrote: »
    I deal with RTA's every day. I get Accident report forms sent to me all the time and I always get a laugh when I read the descriptions of the incident.

In EVERY case its ALWAYS someone else's fault! If there's no one else involved it's the fault of the road, the weather, etc. etc.

Some of the descriptions are very funny.

Eh the car in front stopped suddenly and "left me with no option but to run into him" ( no mention of trying to apply the brakes! :)

Oh and OP? IMO, your at fault, sorry.

I work with Road Safety Engineers on the design side (I design, the critique). We arent allowed to call them accidents any more. Accident implies no one was at fault but as above its always some ones (or multiple peoples) fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

godtabh wrote: »
    I work with Road Safety Engineers on the design side (I design, the critique). We arent allowed to call them accidents any more. Accident implies no one was at fault but as above its always some ones (or multiple peoples) fault.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

cython wrote: »

One the companies I work with has something similar print and framed in the office. The scene with the head

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

In my case they rammed into the back of my car twice, then did a runner...

First time I was just shy of the 100 km/h speed limit. 2nd was after I had stopped following the initial collision.

Reckon it was the other drivers fault on both occasions....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Beasty wrote: »
    In my case they rammed into the back of my car twice, then did a runner...

First time I was just shy of the 100 km/h speed limit. 2nd was after I had stopped following the initial collision.

Reckon it was the other drivers fault on both occasions....

Sounds like someone really took your stealing their KOM badly! :pac: :eek:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

cython wrote: »
    Sounds like someone really took your stealing their KOM badly! :pac: :eek:
    I managed to get a look at them. It definitely wasn't Lusk_Doyle.....

Beasty wrote: »
    I managed to get a look at them. It definitely wasn't Lusk_Doyle.....

A paid assassin so.

Wasn't there a case last year that some lad out training crashed in to the back of a stationary car (I think in Cork on the N20 but cant find it).

I think that went to court.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

godtabh wrote: »
    A paid assassin so.

Wasn't there a case last year that some lad out training crashed in to the back of a stationary car (I think in Cork on the N20 but cant find it).

I think that went to court.

There was the guy "Frooming" in the UK which was comical

Advertisement