Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Private vs commercial no claims

• 13-10-2016 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me with this

I had private insurance with Insurer_A on a car-van with 5 years no claims.
    I then switched to commercial insurance with Insurer_B last year, for the same car-van.

I called Insurer_B yesterday and the girl informed me that they had "surrendered "my private no claims for commercial no claims.

I now want to insure a new car privately, and I want to be able avail of my 5 years private no claims bonus

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

I think it varies from insurer to insurer as to whether they will recognize your commercial NCB.

For example, Liberty say that they will accept either private or commercial NCB:
    https://www.libertyinsurance.ie/customer-care/what-is-the-no-claims-acceptance-criteria/

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cortezfloyd

Thanks, I called back the second insurer yesterday, and the next person said that my NCB wouldn't have been amended,
    and they just want to be sure that I wouldn't use my NCB on two different vehicles (one commercial, one private) at the same time

So I'll just see what's written on the cert when I receive it in the post

Advertisement