Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop to Ipad Mirroring

Options
  • 13-10-2016 2:11pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, I'm looking to get my hands on some hardware that will mirror wants on the laptop screen and display on an ipad.

Needs to be wireless, any recommendations?

also needs to be interaction, i.e. if i select something on the ipad mirror, the mouse on the laptop must press the button on the laptop screen

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Not possible from a Macbook Air to an iPad anyway, not via Airplay, I just tried it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

sorry, it will be a windows laptop -> ipad

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Would a VNC software not suffice? As in Teamviewer?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers, Teamviewer looks like it could do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

whiterebel wrote: »
    Not possible from a Macbook Air to an iPad anyway, not via Airplay, I just tried it.

I know the OP wants Windows to iPad. However for a Mac solution, I use Duet. Put app on Mac, app on iPad, connect iPad to Mac with lightning cable and away you go! A second 'monitor' for your Mac!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

tallpaul wrote: »
    I know the OP wants Windows to iPad. However for a Mac solution, I use Duet. Put app on Mac, app on iPad, connect iPad to Mac with lightning cable and away you go! A second 'monitor' for your Mac!

Duet also works on windows PCs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Comes recommended by readers of AppleInsider.com

Air Video HD

http://www.inmethod.com/airvideohd/index.html;jsessionid=B6B80579A89215965B9A1BF6002B11C0

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I use Microsoft's remote desktop app, I have never had any problem with it.
    https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id714464092?mt=8

Advertisement