Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor online presence

Options
  • 13-10-2016 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hey just seeing if anybody has any knowledge of Irish brands that have a relatively poor online presence that could definitely be improved?

Would really help me with a college assignment.

The bigger the brand the better :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Semi-state companies probably aren't what you're looking for, but the Bus Eireann website was terrible and difficult to use the last time I tried. Given that it should be a handy tool for giving route and timetable information it was appalling, but that might have been a few years ago.

Similarly, the Aircoach route/timetable function of its site isn't what it could be.

Again things have changed and a retailer might not be what you want, but Harvey Norman used to have a static site that displayed almost no information. It's a shame you can't do a before and after on that one as the old site was so limited.

I also find Tesco.ie a sprawling mess of site that doesn't give me the product information I want when I need it.

The Ferry companies websites are a pain in the neck to to find sailing times that link up with the rail and sail services to the UK. The lack of integration is always baffling on these sites. I always need to take a pass or two at them to get what I need.

Then there's the thousands of small businesses that don't bother keeping up to date information on their location, opening hours and contact numbers. Do these people want to put themselves out of business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Clerys would have been a good case study. Back in the mid 90s some fresh management blood was brought on board by Clerys. They saw the opportunities and threats that the Internet posed but they never seemed to tackle the issue properly as far as I could see. Until its close, the website had no ecommerce functions with just a brochure type of site, unlike much of the competition (from a quick glance), so that's a big ball dropped.

Advertisement