Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Interest Relief extension

• 13-10-2016 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭

Bought in 2007, now on year 10. Due to expire this year but they say in Budget it extending "beyond 2018".

Does this mean that i should expect to continue to get this next year and beyond?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

It was due to be abolished at the end of next year 2017 but has now been extended to 2020

Bought in 2007, now on year 10. Due to expire this year but they say in Budget it extending "beyond 2018".

Does this mean that i should expect to continue to get this next year and beyond?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dreamcatcher74

If you are selling your house and buying a new one,can you carry over the relief to the new house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

If you are selling your house and buying a new one,can you carry over the relief to the new house?

Full title of M.I Relief includes the word "First time Buyers" so i guess not.

Advertisement