Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Company 3 Arena 14th October 2016

Options
  • 13-10-2016 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Anyone have an idea what time Bad Company will be on stage at - ticket states Doors 6:30/ Show 8:00. There is support from Richie Samboara and Orianthi
    Any chance they might play a few Free numbers or any feedback from previous shows

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

eamonpk wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea what time Bad Company will be on stage at - ticket states Doors 6:30/ Show 8:00. There is support from Richie Samboara and Orianthi
    Any chance they might play a few Free numbers or any feedback from previous shows

I would get there for the doors opening time of 6.30pm to be safe.

Very often the support acts at gigs in the 3 Arena start around 7pm or shortly after 7pm.

An example is the Jeff Lynne's ELO gig on May 7th 2016, where the support band The Shoos started at 7.30pm and finished at 8.16pm. Jeff Lynne's ELO started shortly after 8.50pm

There are two supports listed for the Bad Company gig. Steve or Jasmine Rodgers are listed as being the first support, and then Richie Sambora and Orianthi, so considering there are two supports, I would guess it will start well before 8pm, perhaps around 7pm?

Check with MCD to confirm. www.mcd.ie

http://www.mcd.ie/listings/fg.php?c=6819836&ar=badcompany&cat=all

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭eamonpk

Thanks - my ticket only mentions one support Richie Sambora and Orianthi and no mention of Jasmine Rodgers. I'm guessing the first support will be on soon after 6.30 then

Thanks - my ticket only mentions one support Richie Sambora and Orianthi and no mention of Jasmine Rodgers. I'm guessing the first support will be on soon after 6.30 then

I don't know what times each band is scheduled to start, but you could ring the 3 Arena as well to confirm, 01 819 8888

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭eamonpk

I don't know what times each band is scheduled to start, but you could ring the 3 Arena as well to confirm, 01 819 8888
    Thanks - i rang the 3 Arena and a recorded message states doors open at 6.30, show starts at 7.30 and finishes between 10.30 and 11.00. If there are 2 supports I'm not sure how that will work but I am guessing BC will be on stage about 9.15 at the earliest

Thanks - i rang the 3 Arena and a recorded message states doors open at 6.30, show starts at 7.30 and finishes between 10.30 and 11.00. If there are 2 supports I'm not sure how that will work but I am guessing BC will be on stage about 9.15 at the earliest

My gut feeling is that it will start earlier than 7.30pm and that Bad Company would be on earlier. The headline bands are usually on much earlier than 9.15, at gigs in the 3 Arena.

Unless they state specifically what time Bad Company and Richie Sambora are on stage, which the message did not do, I can't see how they can state that it will start at 7.30pm and end at 10.30pm-11pm,

A time frame of 7.30pm till 11pm for three bands, doesn't seem to take into account the changeover on stage of each band, which is usually at least 20 minutes to 30 minutes at any gig, and often longer at big venues like the 3 Arena.

Anyway, the safest thing to do is be there as early as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Missed this, gutted. They're playing London the bank holiday weekend.

How was it overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I thought they were really good, played all the hits, although the set was a little short (probably only 1 hr 20-25 minutes including encores). Apparently MIck Ralphs only joined up with them on Tuesday so there was probably a lack of match fitness, so to speak. Paul Rogers looked in great shape and the voice is still there.

Richie Sambora seemed a bit...disorganised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Richie should just go back to Bon Jovi, set was ok but the sound was dire.

Bad Company were superb, the setlist was great and the sound for them was perfect. Rodgers makes it look and sound so easy.

Paul Rogers would teach Richie Sambora a thing or two! Bad Company were brilliant for the hour 15 minutes they played.
    Richie Sambora on the other hand was dire. Acted like a diva. Himself and the girlfriend changed guitars with every song and sometimes during the song. Neither could sing. I think she could play the guitar, but his bad playing messed up the whole set.

blastman wrote: »
    I thought they were really good, played all the hits, although the set was a little short (probably only 1 hr 20-25 minutes including encores). Apparently MIck Ralphs only joined up with them on Tuesday so there was probably a lack of match fitness, so to speak. Paul Rogers looked in great shape and the voice is still there.

Richie Sambora seemed a bit...disorganised.

I heard that being said about Mick Ralphs on Radio Nova, on Dad Rock with Tony Ainscough, on the way home after the gig - that he had only joined the band a few days before, and that that may have been the reason for the short length of the gig.

The show can be listened back on the Radio Nova page. It is in the second section, from 11pm, if you scroll to 23 minutes in, where the presenter Tony Ainscough reads out listeners feedback on the concert, where the reaction was unhappiness at the short length of the gig.

http://www.nova.ie/listen-back/friday/

He says the reason for the short set was because Mick Ralphs had just joined the band on Tuesday He also says "I don't think they are toned up enough".

It's an excellent radio show - later on he played Glenn Hughes and later still Deep Purple's Getting Tighter from Come Taste The Band was played, but I do think it was an unfair suggestion, considering Bad Company have been playing live recently, since at least early September. I thought the gig last Friday was excellent.

The suggestion that the show length was shortened, because Mick Ralphs recently joined the band on the tour, doesn't seem to me, to be the case. He'd have well prepared for these shows, since the confirmation of his participation in this section of the tour, was publicised as far back as May 2016, as an example, in the Ulitmate Classic Rock article below.

As far as I know, the length of the show has been pretty much the same for all the other shows so far, so I don't think it is the case that the length of show was shortened because Mick Ralphs recently joined the tour.

The Dublin gig was 9.15pm till 10.35pm.

The setlists before and after the Dublin gig have been pretty much the same songs, and the number of songs played at the gigs I looked up on setlist.fm, were more often than not, 15 songs.

14 songs are listed as having been played at the 8th September Dallas gig, and the California gig on 3rd September, according to the setlist.fm page.

Rich Robinson played these gigs, so it appears, despite what was stated on Radio Nova, that there is no evidence to suggest that the setlist was shortened for the shows that Mick Ralphs is playing.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bad-company-rich-robinson/

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/mick-ralphs-swan-song-tour-2016/

The listing on setlist.fm for the Dublin gig omits the last few songs.
    The Dublin gig setlist was 15 songs;

1 Live For The Music,
    2 She's Gone,
    3 Feel Like Makin' Love,
    4 Electric Land,
    5 Burning Sky,
    6 Run With The Pack,
    7 Ready For Love,
    8 Crazy Circles,
    9 Trouble Shooter,
    10 Moving On,
    11 Shooting Star
    12 Can't Get Enough,
    13 Rock n Roll Fantasy,
    14 Bad Company,
    15 Rock Steady, Every Man, Oh Atlanta.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bad-company/2016/bomb-factory-dallas-tx-4bfc5736.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bad-company/2016/bomb-factory-dallas-tx-4bfc5736.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bad-company/2016/3arena-dublin-ireland-53fd7771.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bad-company/2016/first-direct-arena-leeds-england-53fd6fa1.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bad-company/2016/motorpoint-arena-cardiff-wales-3fd5d7f.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Setlist.fm website relies on the actual concert goers to input the info, perhaps an edit would suffice :)

The Setlist.fm website relies on the actual concert goers to input the info, perhaps an edit would suffice :)

Indeed, it's a great resource, for comparing gig lengths and different songs played throughout any band's tour!:)

Advertisement