Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicited SMS - where did you get my number

Options
  • 13-10-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,932 ✭✭✭✭

I've just received two unsolicited messages spamming your sports service. Can you confirm where you got my number?

I have never had an Eir phoneline
    I left Meteor two years ago over data protection concerns
    I left Setanta a decade ago - you would have no reason to retain data that long

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

L1011 wrote: »
    I've just received two unsolicited messages spamming your sports service. Can you confirm where you got my number?

I have never had an Eir phoneline
    I left Meteor two years ago over data protection concerns
    I left Setanta a decade ago - you would have no reason to retain data that long
    Hi  L1011,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can you advise what the text messages said?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 68,932 ✭✭✭✭L1011

"Leinster v Castres 3.15 plus NZ v IRE on Nov 5th only on the eir Sport pack. Sign up now at eirsport.ie or 0818203040 Opt out txt 51155". Arrived twice.

51155 is registered as a standard rate code with Comreg - having to pay to be unsubscribed from something I never agreed to is rather nasty.

"Leinster v Castres 3.15 plus NZ v IRE on Nov 5th only on the eir Sport pack. Sign up now at eirsport.ie or 0818203040 Opt out txt 51155". Arrived twice.

51155 is registered as a standard rate code with Comreg - having to pay to be unsubscribed from something I never agreed to is rather nasty.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]L1011,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm looking into this now.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 68,932 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The texts didn't cost me - but the unsubscribe will.

The texts didn't cost me - but the unsubscribe will.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]L1011,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me the mobile number and I will arrange to have you opted out?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The eir Sport team has advised this indeed is a text message from them and [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]all customers who received the text would have had permission to receive this text. I can also check this for you too.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can also opt out by emailing [font=Calibri, sans-serif]cs@eirposrt.ie[/font] if you do not want to incur any charges.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement