Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High performance

Options
  • 13-10-2016 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at changing my car. I've tried using prospective registation plates over the phone but literally everything I ask about is considered "high performance". Last year I was able to get quotes from you on a Mini Cooper S, Golf GTI and a few other cars that are actually fast for just a little more than my (then) current rate. Now it's just a flat out no!

Lads, come on, I'm not whinging about premiums. I just want a few quotes on a few average cars.

Is the ANY chance you'd actually just define what "high performance" is to you? Save me ringing with hundreds of different number plates trying to get a car I can be insured on.

Please just explain here, there's no need for PMs. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Regards,

Dan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Daniel S wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking at changing my car. I've tried using prospective registation plates over the phone but literally everything I ask about is considered "high performance". Last year I was able to get quotes from you on a Mini Cooper S, Golf GTI and a few other cars that are actually fast for just a little more than my (then) current rate. Now it's just a flat out no!

Lads, come on, I'm not whinging about premiums. I just want a few quotes on a few average cars.

Is the ANY chance you'd actually just define what "high performance" is to you? Save me ringing with hundreds of different number plates trying to get a car I can be insured on.

Please just explain here, there's no need for PMs. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Regards,

Dan
    Hi Daniel S,
    Unfortunately we can't provide a set definition for 'high performance' as a number of different factors are taken into account by us when rating a vehicle including: make,model, engine size, BHP, engine type, (eg. petrol, turbo injection, etc), performance of the vehicle (acceleration times) and modifications.
    We review how we rate all vehicles on a regular basis therefore a vehicle you may have obtained a quote for last year you may not get a quote for this year.
    Please continue to contact us for quotations, you can also obtain quotes via our website.
    We hope you find a suitable car soon.
    Thanks
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

As a ex long term liberty insurance customer, I say your best bet is to shop around and take your business elsewhere. For whatever unknown reason liberty seem to be intent on driving customers away at the moment. Its a shame really,  because I was with them for ten years. I got insurance elsewhere for 25% less. Hopefully this new policy will change. 

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

P.lane78 wrote: »
    As a ex long term liberty insurance customer, I say your best bet is to shop around and take your business elsewhere. For whatever unknown reason liberty seem to be intent on driving customers away at the moment. Its a shame really,  because I was with them for ten years. I got insurance elsewhere for 25% less. Hopefully this new policy will change. 
    Hi P.lane78,
    Sorry we couldn't have offered you a more competitive price at your last renewal. We try to offer our best prices however we may not be competitive for every segment of the market. We hope that when you're shopping around in the future you will still consider insuring with us again.
    Kind regards
    Una

Advertisement