Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 login issue

Options
  • 13-10-2016 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Have windows ten on home pc. Never had a use name or password login but my wife was doing something yesterday and now it's asking for login password to her @outlook.com account. She can't remember the password and doesn't remember setting up a password or that e Outlook account. The pc is effectively locked out now. She tried s password reset on Outlook. Com but isn't able to as haven't enough information to put in on form.

What's the easiest way to get back into the pc?
    Thanks
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Are there other accounts listed on the bottom left hand corner of the login screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭micks_address

degsie wrote: »
    Are there other accounts listed on the bottom left hand corner of the login screen?

Nope no other accounts... And when I go into safe mode her account us only one listed

Nope no other accounts... And when I go into safe mode her account us only one listed

You might be out of luck so. An online chat with MS might get you somewhere but they might take some convincing resetting the password. Did you try a blank password?

You might be out of luck so. An online chat with MS might get you somewhere but they might take some convincing resetting the password. Did you try a blank password?

Yeah tried blank one. Can you phone Microsoft?

Yeah tried blank one. Can you phone Microsoft?

I'd ask on chat for a contact number.

• Advertisement

I'd ask on chat for a contact number.

Thanks whats the link to the chat function?

Thanks whats the link to the chat function?

See the 'Need More Help?' section from here...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/12429/microsoft-account-sign-in-cant

Advertisement