Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Waiting Room -

• 13-10-2016 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd start a new thread for anyone who is in the same situation as myself regarding outstanding vetting.

Feel free to share your thoughts and vent as much as you want!! haha

:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

You'd need to be exceptional to get an outstanding vetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

You'd need to be exceptional to get an outstanding vetting.

you would indeed mate haha

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

"The waiting room"
    ....Appropriate... Very appropriate :p
    Good idea though, hopefully it'll help us keep in the loop a bit more!

Yea I thought so. That's all I seem to be doing lately, just waiting around ha

yea definitely, Keep the info circulating:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

Just out of curiosity, what does everyone reckon the hold up on their vetting is, if anything?

I live in the UK so I'm presuming that's the problem for me.

• Advertisement

I was born there, so apparently that's the hold up for me. If you ask me, the reason it takes so long to come back is because the vetting department don't put a allocated time on the forms in which they must be completed and sent back.

I've been told on more than one occasion that there isn't a limit on how long they can be outstanding. It could go on for months!

That's simply because they can't be bothered to put the pressure on when a couple of weeks have passed to get the forms back in a timely manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

I suppose I should get comfortable in here too!

I'd say once the November intake goes in, there's gonna be more of us in here :)

I lived in the states for a good few years and have lots of family up north so I've very little hope left!

Yea, hope has long been abandoned ha.

Whenever the day comes that I receive an offer I will be over the moon. It'll be the happiest the day of my life

• Advertisement

AM11 wrote: »
    I suppose I should get comfortable in here too!

Welcome to the club, we have t-shirts ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

Well... ****. Another intake goes by.

Saving the best for last folks ;)
    I know there's people waiting much longer than me to get in, but at least we're almost certain for got the Feb intake when it comes around

Yea another intake rolls by. Not really surprised though but at the end of the day there's nothing we can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Roll on February 😂

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    Roll on February 😂

Roll on February indeed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Roll on February indeed :)

That's the spirit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

I've sent in another email to chase up another email about some of my vetting not being back. Hopefully push it on a bit too.

Done the same myself. Just waiting on a reply now, but I already know what they're gonna say

It is a little disheartening when you see people doing the PCT and getting an offer the next day. I did the PCT in June. Ci la vie.

• Advertisement

Done mine the first week of July. :( will we ever get an offer or will vetting haunt us for months to come haha

Hopefully all the haunting is finished after Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 OMG!!!

Just wondering roughly how long everyone is waiting.I did my test in July.vetting still not back.spoke to them today said can't be sure on Feb intake either& can take up to 13,months! I lived in a few places abroad but can't understand the delay& no one seems to be able to tell me why :( I think I may give up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Worried about my vetting now.
    I have a relative in the us who is there illegally ie.didnt apply for citizenship if they leave the country can't return to us.Thoughts?

I don't think that should matter too much! I know ppl that have got offers with worse. And I havnt my offer yet with a squeaky clean slate.luck of the draw I think. If you have lived abroad at all seems to totally delay the process

Vamp369 wrote: »
    I've sent in another email to chase up another email about some of my vetting not being back. Hopefully push it on a bit too.

What email did you send your query's to? In the same position & getting nowhere

OMG!!! wrote: »
    Just wondering roughly how long everyone is waiting.I did my test in July.vetting still not back.spoke to them today said can't be sure on Feb intake either& can take up to 13,months! I lived in a few places abroad but can't understand the delay& no one seems to be able to tell me why :( I think I may give up

Oh how I can relate to you on this one haha. They will never give you an answer as to why your vetting is outstanding, I've tired on many occasions to get one and failed. I would love to know more about the vetting process and how it works for prospective Garda Trainees, Vetting shouldn't be taking up to 13 months to come back. That's an absolute disgrace!

Oh how I can relate to you on this one haha. They will never give you an answer as to why your vetting is outstanding, I've tired on many occasions to get one and failed. I would love to know more about the vetting process and how it works for prospective Garda Trainees, Vetting shouldn't be taking up to 13 months to come back. That's an absolute disgrace!

Isn't it so disheartening,getting fit,passing all the relevant tests,watching everyone behind you getting recruited & not being able to get any explanation as to why yet again your vetting isn't back! Its an utter disgrace!

Isn't it so disheartening,getting fit,passing all the relevant tests,watching everyone behind you getting recruited & not being able to get any explanation as to why yet again your vetting isn't back! Its an utter disgrace!

• Advertisement

Yea I feel your pain! 100% :( vetting has let me down twice now and it really has disappointed me. Can't express how I feel about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jerrycurlz

I emailed the vetting bureau yesterday to inquire how long the process is along and they replied saying they are not allowed to disclose it to me and that i should ask my liaison how far i am. HR haven't a clue so who would she be referring to?

Jerrycurlz wrote: »
    I emailed the vetting bureau yesterday to inquire how long the process is along and they replied saying they are not allowed to disclose it to me and that i should ask my liaison how far i am. HR haven't a clue so who would she be referring to?

Not a clue bud, I contacted the vetting unit myself a couple of weeks ago and got the same answer.

I gave up calling a while ago. We wont hear anything until vetting is cleared and the offer arrives. Fingers crossed for Feb and at least I wont have to worry until then.

Bit of a joke though. My vetting is in over 3 months at this stage. They are struggling to fill the spaces and i am chomping at the bit to start but cant over this hold up

• Registered Users Posts: 35 noelctb

Everything for me is done only waiting on the supers report to go in which I met him over 2 week's ago..dunno what the hold up is there..he said wen i met him that everything is grand..ye ringing the appointment office flat out?

• Advertisement

Emailing the whole time. But getting nowhere

Emailing the whole time. But getting nowhere

It's a disaster knowing ur dere nd seeing other people getting n b4 u..dey must b finding it hard to fill spots if people who did their fitness last Saturday nd have got offers!

I only rang them yesterday when i found out one of the lads got an offer and we did all the stages together. I might ring my super tomorrow and see if he knows anymore or can try and do something about it. Need to hand in my notice in work soon if i can get in in November

Jerrycurlz wrote: »
    I only rang them yesterday when i found out one of the lads got an offer and we did all the stages together. I might ring my super tomorrow and see if he knows anymore or can try and do something about it. Need to hand in my notice in work soon if i can get in in November

Ya i rang the supers office today and told them what appointment office said amd told me to ring them and tell them to contact them so hopefully they did!

What email did you send your query's to? In the same position & getting nowhere

I emailed appointments@garda.ie

• Advertisement

Yea I'm gonna contact my Sgt that was looking after my vetting and see if he knows what the story is.

Yea I'm gonna contact my Sgt that was looking after my vetting and see if he knows what the story is.

The vetting is conducted in your local station, is that correct? Might get onto my own sergeant and ask the same. Try and get things moving a bit!

I hate to be the barer of bad news, after contacting several people, I have been told, that if like me you have had any foreign addresses this is most definately the hold up. As they are more than likely waiting for correspondence back. There is no way of telling where the hold up is or no way of speeding it up by contacting anyone in the relevant country. I was basically told as I have had addresses in both Auzz & USA...I could be looking at 2years of a wait although there is no official time limit.So basically that's me out of the race! If only I'd known this before I went though the whole application process!!!

Can I ask where you heard that it might be 2 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

I hate to be the barer of bad news, after contacting several people, I have been told, that if like me you have had any foreign addresses this is most definately the hold up. As they are more than likely waiting for correspondence back. There is no way of telling where the hold up is or no way of speeding it up by contacting anyone in the relevant country. I was basically told as I have had addresses in both Auzz & USA...I could be looking at 2years of a wait although there is no official time limit.So basically that's me out of the race! If only I'd known this before I went though the whole application process!!!

I have seen people post on these threads over the last 12 months that have spent time living in the UK, US, South Korea, Australia etc. and their vetting came back at various different stages.

I wouldn't lose all hope. Keep fit, keep positive, use this time to save money etc.

AM11 wrote: »
    Can I ask where you heard that it might be 2 years?

Yep, internally from HRM.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Yep, internally from HRM.

Have you passed everything else?

Waiting around that long for vetting would definitely make you consider moving on with your life. You can't put your life on hold for up to 2yrs just for vetting!

That's just wrong, anyone that has fulfilled the criteria to join AGS shouldn't be left in the dark the way we have!!

Have you passed everything else?

Yep I've everything else passed for months.I have 0 shady relatives and no history of anything in my past so should have been straightforward other than my foreign addresses

• Advertisement
Advertisement