Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Waiting Room -

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

I can see it now lads... Going to the Ireland v England 6 nations game on the 18th of March, my birthday weekend and the offer will come maybe on the 14th.. which makes for one hell of a weekend in Dublin... A girl can dream anyway hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

DooraGirl wrote: »
    I can see it now lads... Going to the Ireland v England 6 nations game on the 18th of March, my birthday weekend and the offer will come maybe on the 14th.. which makes for one hell of a weekend in Dublin... A girl can dream anyway hahaha

How'd you get tickets for that ya maggot?! :D I've seen them going for €1,000 a piece!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

Going to the same game myself, fingers crossed!! An offer for May and a grand slam would make for a great weekend alright :-)

How'd you get tickets for that ya maggot?! :D I've seen them going for €1,000 a piece!

I have connections ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

You have to sign up to the IRFU members club (€50) for the year then you get presale on the home games-although you need to move super fast and can only buy two tickets. I was very lucky and got in fast, they are going for crazy prices now I've seen them at €2,000 a pop!

• Advertisement

Cathyp wrote: »
    Going to the same game myself, fingers crossed!! An offer for May and a grand slam would make for a great weekend alright :-)

Be unreal wouldn't it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

I believe two classes are starting at the start of February, when is the next intake for??

kfitzerp wrote: »
    I believe two classes are starting at the start of February, when is the next intake for??

August :)

I have connections ;)
    Cathyp wrote: »
    You have to sign up to the IRFU members club (€50) for the year then you get presale on the home games-although you need to move super fast and can only buy two tickets. I was very lucky and got in fast, they are going for crazy prices now I've seen them at €2,000 a pop!

I was a member in that for two years before. I managed to get tickets for November internationals before handy enough but always struggled to get tickets for the big home games for the 6 Nations.

Enjoy! I'm not at all jealous :p

kfitzerp wrote: »
    August :)

Next intake will be in May:

I am informed by the Garda Commissioner that there will be four intakes of 200 trainee Garda in 2017 scheduled for 13 February, 2 May, 8 August and 6 November giving a total intake of 800 trainee Garda.

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2016-11-15a.35

• Advertisement

Next intake will be in May:

I am informed by the Garda Commissioner that there will be four intakes of 200 trainee Garda in 2017 scheduled for 13 February, 2 May, 8 August and 6 November giving a total intake of 800 trainee Garda.

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2016-11-15a.35

Oh sorry, thought they meant after May.. my bad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

Grand, I can book a summer holiday so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

That's the worst about waiting around, you can't plan anything in advance because you've no idea what you'll be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

For those without relatives abroad, how long were you all waiting for the vetting to be complete After meeting the Super?
    I have yet to meet him and I'm hoping to make the May intake.

ganthy wrote: »
    For those without relatives abroad, how long were you all waiting for the vetting to be complete After meeting the Super?
    I have yet to meet him and I'm hoping to make the May intake.

I've no relatives abroad and I've been waiting over 10 months

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Finally got the message this morning that the super will be contacting me for the interview. About time I've been waiting 4 months since my sergeant meeting. I'm from 2015 and placed decent and waited this long. My friend applied in September and got a call on Friday to meet his super and he has to meet him Tuesday and then has everything complete. And he's only September! He doesn't know the struggle ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Gnr_Iver wrote: »

Hi Gnr do you know if it's station from where you are from who will do the interview or where you live now. The reason I ask is that my daughter applied and she moved out of home 6 months ago so if it's the station where you currently live nobody would know her where as in her home town they would, for the right reasons lol

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Depotdoc

Henry2006 wrote: »
    Hi Gnr do you know if it's station from where you are from who will do the interview or where you live now. The reason I ask is that my daughter applied and she moved out of home 6 months ago so if it's the station where you currently live nobody would know her where as in her home town they would, for the right reasons lol

Whatever address she has down on her form B is the station she'll be called to, e.g. I have Tallaght on my form B, I got called to Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Still waiting to hear from the Super the last few months,have everything else done!

Has anyone rang there superintendents office and asked is there any update?

Henry2006 wrote: »

I'm fully sure its your local station going off your permanent home address. 6mnths out of the house won't make a difference Id imagine :)

• Advertisement

Adding to that. I didn't get called to my local station but one close enough to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

But have you lived abroad yourself? I am talking about people who have not been abroad nor their relatives. My Sergeant is just waiting for my last referee to answer the phone and then I'm hoping to meet the Super this month. I'm just wondering would my vetting be complete before the May intake..

ganthy wrote: »
    But have you lived abroad yourself? I am talking about people who have not been abroad nor their relatives. My Sergeant is just waiting for my last referee to answer the phone and then I'm hoping to meet the Super this month. I'm just wondering would my vetting be complete before the May intake..

When it comes to the vetting question there is no way of knowing for sure bud. It's completely in their hands and how quickly your info is received from the relevant departments.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Theres no way to know unfortunately. How long vetting takes varies from person to person. Whoever is tasked with doing the vetting can't force other jurisdictions to get paperwork back etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dave1987

I had the meeting with the local sergeant and he informed me that the superintendent may request a meeting or he may not. Sergeant said he was happy to recommend me though. Passed my fitness on January 14th so just waiting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Depotdoc wrote: »
    Whatever address she has down on her form B is the station she'll be called to, e.g. I have Tallaght on my form B, I got called to Tallaght

Thanks for reply, they won't know anything about her and it's in cabra which is a busy station so hope she gets called soon

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paulcunn862

Wax100 wrote: »
    Finally got the message this morning that the super will be contacting me for the interview. About time I've been waiting 4 months since my sergeant meeting. I'm from 2015 and placed decent and waited this long. My friend applied in September and got a call on Friday to meet his super and he has to meet him Tuesday and then has everything complete. And he's only September! He doesn't know the struggle ha ha

That's good to hear seems like you have waited ages. Seen you say previously that you are from the K district which is the same as me, I'm from January 2016 and still haven't heard from the Seargant and Super but have everything else done, is your friend the K district as well?

That's good to hear seems like you have waited ages. Seen you say previously that you are from the K district which is the same as me, I'm from January 2016 and still haven't heard from the Seargant and Super but have everything else done, is your friend the K district as well?

Thanks! Yep he's from K too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paulcunn862

Wax100 wrote: »
    Thanks! Yep he's from K too.

Is your friend Blanchardstown station also??

• Advertisement

Still waiting for my vetting to be signed off :( I was hoping for a bit of good news today.

Still waiting for my vetting to be signed off :( I was hoping for a bit of good news today.

I thought you were all clear?? :(

I thought you were all clear?? :(

My background checks all are done but I was told that it is still waiting to be considered by the commissioner :(

My background checks all are done but I was told that it is still waiting to be considered by the commissioner :(

Oh right.. jesus that's a pain. Oh god.. now I'm doubting my own vetting and confirmation from the Commissioner . I rang before Christmas and told me everything was back but just had the physical outstanding, which I've now cleared. Guess May isn't all that certain:(

Oh right.. jesus that's a pain. Oh god.. now I'm doubting my own vetting and confirmation from the Commissioner . I rang before Christmas and told me everything was back but just had the physical outstanding, which I've now cleared. Guess May isn't all that certain:(

Ah there shouldn't be a bother on you if that's what they said. I've had nothing but bad luck with my vetting anyway, I was pushing the boat out a bit looking for some good news ha.

If I don't hear anything for May I might as well just forget about it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

I'm awaiting a date for my physical exam. I applied in the Sept 1026 campaign and my OOM after the interview was in the top 10. I have passed my medical, just awaiting a call from the local station and my AGS HR for my physical. Fingers crosses this will all come soon and I might hopefully make May..

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

Ah there shouldn't be a bother on you if that's what they said. I've had nothing but bad luck with my vetting anyway, I was pushing the boat out a bit looking for some good news ha.

If I don't hear anything for May I might as well just forget about it.:(

Would they tell anyone its been signed off by the commissioner though? i thought the most they would say it that the vetting is complete and then you would have to wait for the offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

mabf wrote: »
    I'm awaiting a date for my physical exam. I applied in the Sept 1026 campaign and my OOM after the interview was in the top 10. I have passed my medical, just awaiting a call from the local station and my AGS HR for my physical. Fingers crosses this will all come soon and I might hopefully make May..

M

I'd be suprised if there is anyone from the Septebmer 2016 campaign in the May intake because there is still a good few hundred left from the last campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

tomcwn wrote: »
    Would they tell anyone its been signed off by the commissioner though? i thought the most they would say it that the vetting is complete and then you would have to wait for the offer.

I would also agree with this, there not gunna tell you over the phone or in an email that its waiting to be signed by the commissioner.

I thought it was strange too but I was happy to get some info off them after all this time.

tomcwn wrote: »

That's what I would have thought as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

I'd say the commissioner will get all possible candidates in the next few weeks in preparation for the May intake Id say it's more likely she gets them all in a lump sum and does them that way instead of just one or two here and there

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    I'd say the commissioner will get all possible candidates in the next few weeks in preparation for the May intake Id say it's more likely she gets them all in a lump sum and does them that way instead of just one or two here and there

I'd say once February are in and settled we will start to hear... hopefully!! It can't come quick enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

The Commissioner doesn't see every file - she only reviews if there are issues!

Cocopops24 wrote: »
    The Commissioner doesn't see every file - she only reviews if there are issues!

If that's true I don't know what that means for me, I cant think of any reason why they would have any issues with my application. :(

Does anyone know if it's compulsory to see the Superintendent?

If that's true I don't know what that means for me, I cant think of any reason why they would have any issues with my application. :(
    Strange! Unless it's something with relatives which you may not know about?!

dave1987 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's compulsory to see the Superintendent?
    Yes you meet a sergeant and a super so they can give their recommendations!

Cocopops24 wrote: »
    Yes you meet a sergeant and a super so they can give their recommendations!
    Sergeant said the superintendent may sign me off based on his recommendation and I may not be required to see him.

They keep it all very vague

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daveoc43

I met the local sergeant and inspector instead of the super. Was just wondering if anyone knows when offers might be made for May?

Offers should be out for induction week 1 around mid March

• Advertisement
Advertisement