Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Waiting Room -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Is your friend Blanchardstown station also??

No. but his super meeting is in Blanchardstown because that's where the superintendent office is of the K district

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Out of interest does anyone know what the new recruits are coming out with money wise each week?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

Sparky_7 wrote: »
    Out of interest does anyone know what the new recruits are coming out with money wise each week?
    Good question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

The quality and quantity of candidates at present is so bad that previous candidates are being contacted and asked if they are still interested.
    The quantity issue relates to lads who applied and got past stage one to only turn around and say they are no longer interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

Where did you see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

Hi all, this is totally of topic for this thread but has anyone on here had to sit the Irish profiency exam with public jobs ? You sit this when you don't have two languages at ordinary level leaving cert, any feedback much appreciated .

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

Boaty wrote: »
    The quality and quantity of candidates at present is so bad that previous candidates are being contacted and asked if they are still interested.
    The quantity issue relates to lads who applied and got past stage one to only turn around and say they are no longer interested.
    Definitely not true!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WARRIOR08

Former Jedis are also being called up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

WARRIOR08 wrote: »
    Former Jedis are also being called up.

Ninjas too.

• Advertisement

No skin off my nose , I'm only trying to give you lads who ranked high in last years campaign but weren't successful some hope.

No skin off my nose , I'm only trying to give you lads who ranked high in last years campaign but weren't successful some hope.

Where are you getting this information from though? What's the source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Hi. By this do you mean that many people aren't getting through stage two and interview or are you saying that they are unhappy with the quality of people who have got through interview? Thanks

Hi. By this do you mean that many people aren't getting through stage two and interview or are you saying that they are unhappy with the quality of people who have got through interview? Thanks

I have a clue as to what stage she was referring to. I guess the candidates that the guards want won't accept a sub 30k salary when they could be making that as a second if not first year graduate.

I have a clue as to what stage she was referring to. I guess the candidates that the guards want won't accept a sub 30k salary when they could be making that as a second if not first year graduate.

Fair enough. I take your point but I think if people get through the process and the subsequent interview they are and should feel good enough to progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Sparky_7 wrote: »

Hi sparky

Going by this link http://jrnl.ie/2890314 it's around 350€ a week granted this was at a time when rent allowance wasn't in for recruits

So I presume that figure plus the fact it's now 23750 for recruits instead of 23171 would give something like this as a weekly figure 430euro (including rent )

This is only a rough guess on my part !!

-I would be interested in anybody's thoughts to this

• Advertisement

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Hi sparky

Going by this link http://jrnl.ie/2890314 it's around 350€ a week granted this was at a time when rent allowance wasn't in for recruits

So I presume that figure plus the fact it's now 23750 for recruits instead of 23171 would give something like this as a weekly figure 430euro (including rent )

This is only a rough guess on my part !!

-I would be interested in anybody's thoughts to this

I think its 188 till the 32 week attestation!? Not 100% on that could be wrong.
    Then after its the 23,000 a year no? I could be wrong.

Hi Boaty

Have you heard of people contacted or was it yourself ? And if so is it PAS making the calls?

-cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Check out the attached photo for clarity on the pay issue . :) starting salary for a probationer is €28,405

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Check out the attached photo for clarity on the pay issue . :) starting salary for a probationer is €28,405

Awesome! And after year 2, we can apply for the increments... not so bad at all ;)

DooraGirl wrote: »
    Awesome! And after year 2, we can apply for the increments... not so bad at all ;)

Yeah, there really isn't anything wrong with that salary. That's not even including your monthly overtime and allowances!!

• Advertisement

Yeah, there really isn't anything wrong with that salary. That's not even including your monthly overtime and allowances!!

God bless overtime :)

Yeah the first 3 weeks of the month is your standard pay. And the last week of the month is known as your big pay check were you get your allowances on top of your standard pay. So I have been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Fishingmad2013

Kind of a stupid question but was wondering during the day in the college do you have much stuff to carry around with you, like do you need a bag with you or is everything done on laptops or tablets??

Kind of a stupid question but was wondering during the day in the college do you have much stuff to carry around with you, like do you need a bag with you or is everything done on laptops or tablets??

I've been down once or twice and have seen plenty of students and they had nothing but themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Passed fitness and PCT today. Everything else done. Here's hoping offers are out next month. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Passed fitness and PCT today. Everything else done. Here's hoping offers are out next month. :D

Great stuff. How you find it. I'm still waiting on a date. Taking their sweet time with it and medical was in Dec. How many minutes the bleep test. About 9??

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

bazz1000 wrote: »
    Great stuff. How you find it. I'm still waiting on a date. Taking their sweet time with it and medical was in Dec. How many minutes the bleep test. About 9??

Not bad at all really. I had been practicing bleep test outdoors in a park near my house. Struggled to reach my required level - no such issues today. Think it was less than nine minutes. I only had to get to 8.1. Flew through it.

The worst part of the day is the waiting around!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 neillo101

Congrats on passing physical ��.
    Iv my medical this week any idea on the wait time for physical ?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Fantastic well done

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

Was there much of a break between the bleep test and then the push ups and sit ups?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

mabf wrote: »
    Was there much of a break between the bleep test and then the push ups and sit ups?

there is the length of a bleep test of a break so about eight or nine minutes. its in groups so if your group A, you do your bleep test then group B does bleep test and then when group B is finished bleep test, group A does sit up and press ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

tomcwn wrote: »
    there is the length of a bleep test of a break so about eight or nine minutes. its in groups so if your group A, you do your bleep test then group B does bleep test and then when group B is finished bleep test, group A does sit up and press ups.

Do they call the push ups out to you while you're doing them? Like if you do one but they don't count it because your form is off, how will you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Do they call the push ups out to you while you're doing them? Like if you do one but they don't count it because your form is off, how will you know?
    Yeah they will count them out for you and give feedback if form isn't right

Had my meeting with the local Inspector and Sergeant this afternoon. Lasted about 15 minutes but was very informal and easy going. Have my PCT on Tuesday. Mad to think that this is the last hurdle. Hopefully I'll pass the PCT and make the April intake. Anybody else heading for the PCT on Tuesday?

M

Also if it helps, they seem to be making their way through the Sept 16 campaign panel for PCT dates.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

mabf wrote: »
    Had my meeting with the local Inspector and Sergeant this afternoon. Lasted about 15 minutes but was very informal and easy going. Have my PCT on Tuesday. Mad to think that this is the last hurdle. Hopefully I'll pass the PCT and make the April intake. Anybody else heading for the PCT on Tuesday?

M
    You must be so excited, very best of luck on Tuesday

Well folks, anyone have any good news lately with vetting etc?

Been fairly quite over the past while. Only 4 weeks to go roughly until round 1 offers are out :):)

Well folks, anyone have any good news lately with vetting etc?

Been fairly quite over the past while. Only 4 weeks to go roughly until round 1 offers are out :):)

Nope. Still waiting on a physical date. 8 weeks now waiting. Only thing left to pass. Bit head wrecking. Hopefully get a date this week

Nope. Still waiting on a physical date. 8 weeks now waiting. Only thing left to pass. Bit head wrecking. Hopefully get a date this week

Ah that's crap luck mate, waiting that long for physical would do your head in. Hopefully with the next intake coming up soon they'll start sending out dates for candidates waiting to do their fitness tests :)

• Advertisement

Ah that's crap luck mate, waiting that long for physical would do your head in. Hopefully with the next intake coming up soon they'll start sending out dates for candidates waiting to do their fitness tests :)

Hopefully. With next intake I'd want to be doing my physical mid March to have some glimmer of hope for may intake. Been onto them twice to make sure I have not been over looked but said there playing catchup on the applicant's. Hopefully hear something this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

I'm in the same situation, can't understand how people with a higher OOM have been given dates already

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

no change for me unfortunately.

Has anybody an idea as to the deductions a probationer Garda would typically have?

Garda medical aid 20-25€?

Anybody have detailed breakdown / guide what else is taken out from basic ?

Many thanks

AM11 wrote: »
    no change for me unfortunately.

Well bud, ah that's crap news I was hoping one of us would have received some good news at this stage. Nothing different for myself :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

Anyone know the things you need when your down in templemore? i know you need your own laptop, you have to buy a judo suit. what else is there you have to get? Cheers.

• Advertisement

Well bud, ah that's crap news I was hoping one of us would have received some good news at this stage. Nothing different for myself :(

Frustrating alright. Medical mid December. Deferred till Jan 4th cuz of laser. Nothing yet. Thought be waiting 2/3 weeks to receive a date. Not 6/7+ :-( making the may intake is looking very unlikely at this stage. Training has taken a back foot too with waiting and work picking up.

Hi Guys.. Just a question. I'm meeting my local Inspector on Monday next. Have met my Sgt already. I'm just wondering is this a different meeting to the Sgt or is all the usual questions about why I'm applying etc or how does it generally go? Also all going well once the inspector is complete does that mean vetting is done? Thanks

Hi Guys.. Just a question. I'm meeting my local Inspector on Monday next. Have met my Sgt already. I'm just wondering is this a different meeting to the Sgt or is all the usual questions about why I'm applying etc or how does it generally go? Also all going well once the inspector is complete does that mean vetting is done? Thanks

Everyone's is different. Just prepare for anything they might ask. Saying that he might just go through your form and that's it. And no he will send off your file then and HQ will finalise your vetting. Best of luck!

Frustrating alright. Medical mid December. Deferred till Jan 4th cuz of laser. Nothing yet. Thought be waiting 2/3 weeks to receive a date. Not 6/7+ :-( making the may intake is looking very unlikely at this stage. Training has taken a back foot too with waiting and work picking up.

Yeah I hear ya man, once you apply the breaks it's very hard to build up momentum again without a goal to work towards

tomcwn wrote: »
    Anyone know the things you need when your down in templemore? i know you need your own laptop, you have to buy a judo suit. what else is there you have to get? Cheers.

Yeah a laptop with Microsoft office is needed before hand but everything else is available to purchase from the college shop during the first week of induction. I think you have to bring about €350 to purchase everything you need. It'll be more if you want extra items :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement