Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Waiting Room -

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Quick question, is you vetting only commencing once you meet the local sergeant/super?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Johngc151

Hi

Anyone know what the situation is for trainees wgo have young family at home regarding staying in the collage, is there an option to come home in the evening or else once mid-week.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Quick question, is you vetting only commencing once you meet the local sergeant/super?

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. When I met the Sergeant and the Inspector they told me that they had checked mine and my families background and everything was above board. I wonder do you have to be vetted again?..

M

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

MrBlack93 wrote: »

No my daughters has started and she hasn't met yet

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Anyone hear yet this week about physical dates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

I haven't seen any posts about dates bud. I think most of us in here have all stages done.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 movers&shakers

Johngc151 wrote: »
    Hi

Anyone know what the situation is for trainees wgo have young family at home regarding staying in the collage, is there an option to come home in the evening or else once mid-week.

No, they can't stay at home the weekdays they are due in college, even if you live local to the college, it's not allowed irrespective of family situation etc
    You have a curfew & can go where you like once your back in on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Johngc151

And do you know what time the curfew is? What about if your wife is pregnant any info regarding that?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

And do you know what time the curfew is? What about if your wife is pregnant any info regarding that?

You can get a pass to leave easily with a valid reason, also when you leave Tempelmore to go to outside accommodation you could technically go home if you needed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

Passed my PCT repeat yesterday can finally join in here. All stages done now just waiting for an offer. Here is hoping to next month for all of us waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Curfew is midnight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

IceWeasel wrote: »
    Passed my PCT repeat yesterday can finally join in here. All stages done now just waiting for an offer. Here is hoping to next month for all of us waiting.

Well done! Bet you're delighted :) How long after your first test was it and did you get much notice? If you're ready before the three months is up can you schedule it sooner? And what did you get stuck on first time around, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

Elliot192 wrote:
    Well done! Bet you're delighted How long after your first test was it and did you get much notice? If you're ready before the three months is up can you schedule it sooner? And what did you get stuck on first time around, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah over the moon. I originally done it in October and failed on the Beep test. I was offered a re test for 3 weeks later but declined it because I knew I wouldn't be ready. I then got offered my actual retest for January but I injured myself and was test eventually rescheduled for yesterday. So to answer your question if a date comes up sooner than the normal waiting period they may offer it to you.
    What stage are you on yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

Do trainees have to go home at the weekend or can they stay in the college?

Students are required to be in the college Mon - Fri 9-5pm. From talking to students in the college everyone goes home at the weekend because you're there long enough :) people sometimes stay on if they want.

If you do go home I believe you have to be signed back into the college by 11pm Sunday night or in special circumstances 8am Monday morning.

All open to correction but im pretty sure about those times.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Sparky_7 wrote: »

Oops sorry.. thought it was 12! My bad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 sarahzxe

Hello all, Im writing on behalf of boyfriend who applied in jan 16 campaign, OOM was high 800's. He has all stages complete except pct and has been told his vetting is complete etc.

Any body have any idea when he can expect to do pct or what are his chances of getting into intakes this year as OOM quite high? All this waiting and putting life on hold driving us crazy!
    Thanks guys :)

He's one of the lucky few to have his vetting completed already!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

How does he know if his vetting is completed?

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 sarahzxe

He phoned HR and they told him it was completed:)

Advertisement