Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Waiting Room -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

OMG!!! wrote: »
    Yep I've everything else passed for months.I have 0 shady relatives and no history of anything in my past so should have been straightforward other than my foreign addresses

Very frustrating to be held back because of vetting. You never know though. It may be cleared next week or next month. You can't say for certain. There has to be some way of escalating your vetting if there hasn't been any meaningful progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

If it wasn't for boards people wouldnt have a clue whats going on! I'm already somewhat resigned to the fact that it might take years and I've started looking elsewhere. It's what I've always wanted and I got a degree and masters and other qualifications in criminology etc while I was waiting for the recruitment to start back up in the hope it would increase my chances but realistically I can't wait years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

AM11 wrote: »
    It's what I've always wanted and I got a degree and masters and other qualifications in criminology etc while I was waiting for the recruitment to start back up in the hope it would increase my chances but realistically I can't wait years.

I don't know what particular areas in the Gardai interest you but if it's investigative work, try insurance investigations as a job to tide you over while waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 OMG!!!

Very frustrating to be held back because of vetting. You never know though. It may be cleared next week or next month. You can't say for certain. There has to be some way of escalating your vetting if there hasn't been any meaningful progress.
    I wish there was a way of escalating it, but I've every avenue exhausted to no avail. I've now resigned to the fact no one can tell me anything. Its a joke. There is no other recruitment process that would take this long !

AM11 wrote: »
    If it wasn't for boards people wouldnt have a clue whats going on! I'm already somewhat resigned to the fact that it might take years and I've started looking elsewhere. It's what I've always wanted and I got a degree and masters and other qualifications in criminology etc while I was waiting for the recruitment to start back up in the hope it would increase my chances but realistically I can't wait years.[/quote
    Exactly the same as me....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Garda91

In the same boat as you's all lads, ranked in the 400's and have everything complete but vetting not back and I don't have any family overseas so I don't know what the hold up is. Hoping to god it's back for February intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 noelctb

Was talking to HRM today and they said November intake is as good as full..met the super over 2 week's ago and his report still isn't back in . didn't tink it take so long for it to get in. The next intake is February nd the 1st induction week starts the 30th of January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Haha, At this rate all of us with outstanding vetting could fill the next intake!!

We should all just turn up at the gates of The college and start our own classes :)

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Haha, At this rate all of us with outstanding vetting could fill the next intake!!

We should all just turn up at the gates of The college and start our own classes :)

Haha sounds like a plan Gnr_Iver. So devastating seeing people ranked in the 600/700s starting in November and us all in the early hundreds held up by vetting. Such a ridiculous vetting process, makes very little sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Andrew_2222

If the first induction week is the 30th of January would that meant that offers are out on the first week of January?

If the first induction week is the 30th of January would that meant that offers are out on the first week of January?

Ya shud b out straight after the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Andrew_2222

noelctb wrote: »

At least we only have 2 months to wait for offers! It will fly!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Feb 13th is official start date so ...?

At least we only have 2 months to wait for offers! It will fly!

Ya nd xmas coming up so it wil come round fierce quick

• Advertisement

Garda91 wrote: »
    Haha sounds like a plan Gnr_Iver. So devastating seeing people ranked in the 600/700s starting in November and us all in the early hundreds held up by vetting. Such a ridiculous vetting process, makes very little sense.

Yea it doesn't seem fair . I was placed 15-20 :( thought I'd have no bother getting in

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Pt2016

I wouldnt lose hope yet guys. I have lived in Oz and have been in Asia for some time. I have relations in America and England. I missed out on Sept due to vetting but got my invite for November. If it's what ye have always want to do hang in there and fingers crossed for the next intake.

Thanks Pt2016. Anyone else in similar situation please let us know.

Just wondering, those of you that are waiting on vetting, is it mainly because of having relatives abroad or having had foreign addresses.....or no particular reason?Thanks

I lived in the states for about 6 years and I have family up north but when I called HRM they said its usually slow if you lived abroad.

• Advertisement

Just wondering, those of you that are waiting on vetting, is it mainly because of having relatives abroad or having had foreign addresses.....or no particular reason?Thanks

Yea apparently mines not cleared because I've lived in the UK:(

Mines not cleared for no particular reason. Never lived abroad nor have my family so have no idea what's going on.

Can I ask how did everyone find the meeting with the Super? I've read some comments it was very easy going like a simple chat whereas my own was very intense with a lot of questions and the super taking questions from a form and filling in my answers on said form.

Vamp369 wrote: »
    Can I ask how did everyone find the meeting with the Super? I've read some comments it was very easy going like a simple chat whereas my own was very intense with a lot of questions and the super taking questions from a form and filling in my answers on said form.

Jaysus. I had nothing like that, 15 mins max is all it took for me. Basic questions nice and relaxed

Jaysus. I had nothing like that, 15 mins max is all it took for me. Basic questions nice and relaxed

Ya same as very informal, general chit chat. More of an acquainting session than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

Hi, my meeting with Super was definitely 20 minutes, was like a mini interview, He did ask me loads of questions, why i wanted to be a guard etc...He went through all my form b, asked few times anything i wanted to declare. He did write review of me on form, that's recommendation to Commissioner

So, has anyone heard any good news over the last few days??

So, has anyone heard any good news over the last few days??

No good news, emailed to see was vetting back and it's still ongoing.

No good news, emailed to see was vetting back and it's still ongoing.

Nothing new there so ha

Anyone know what can effect the vetting? Like does any personal or family arrests affect it or is it just serious convictions? Any thoughts?

• Advertisement

Got an email from Appointments, vetting still ongoing 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Got an email from Appointments, vetting still ongoing 😢

Did you email them first asking about your vetting?

Surely our vetting has to be back for Feb intake, I'm oom early 400s.

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    Did you email them first asking about your vetting?

Yeh a week ago.

Yeh a week ago.

What OOM were you Vamp369? Do you have any family overseas or have you lived abroad?

What OOM were you Vamp369? Do you have any family overseas or have you lived abroad?

OOM (Interview result) is in the 50's. My partner had/has three persons living in the UK. (Two are deceased).

OOM (Interview result) is in the 50's. My partner had/has three persons living in the UK. (Two are deceased).

Suppose all we can do is just wait and please god we have the vetting back in time for Feb intake.

Suppose all we can do is just wait and please god we have the vetting back in time for Feb intake.

True. Its a bit frustrating, you know yourself.

If my vetting isn't back by the time Feb offers come around then there is definitely something wrong with the world. :)

Cmon like, I want to start my career!!!!

• Advertisement

I can't see how it is taking so incredibly long to do a background check on a list of names. Ok, I understand it can take a bit longer if there's people abroad but it taking several months just shows the flaws in our vetting system.

I can't see how it is taking so incredibly long to do a background check on a list of names. Ok, I understand it can take a bit longer if there's people abroad but it taking several months just shows the flaws in our vetting system.

Plenty of flaws mate, it shouldn't take this long at all. They have my forms 7 months now :(

Plenty of flaws mate, it shouldn't take this long at all. They have my forms 7 months now :(

Such a painful wait pal. Let's keep the faith for February fellas ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Yea deffo keep the faith. I suppose it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

At least we all share a common ground as well ha. Something to give out about at some stage :)

Yea deffo keep the faith. I suppose it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

At least we all share a common ground as well ha. Something to give out about at some stage :)

Exactly, it's not as though it will never come back, it will be back at some stage and we will get that email one day, just hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

This time next year when we'll be graduating all of us here will be looking back at these posts laughing at what we were giving out about haha

Hopefully! Time will tell. Hopefully with the threat of striking to have passed and a moral boost if they accept the agreement, they will work harder and faster at getting the vetting done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

What's the story with the garda pay strikes, if they get want they want does that mean that it will ripple down to trainees getting more when in templemore and start off with more??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

What's the story with the garda pay strikes, if they get want they want does that mean that it will ripple down to trainees getting more when in templemore and start off with more??

You won't receive any more than €184 when in the college but if there are agreements and negotiations are reached then potentially probationers could start off with more.

Still alot more talks. The strike has only been deferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

What is a probationers weekly outcome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Wax100 wrote: »
    What is a probationers weekly outcome?

Do you mean income?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

D Trent wrote: »
    Do you mean income?

Yes sorry! Half asleep here haha.

• Advertisement
Advertisement