Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Waiting Room -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Garda91

Redzer99 wrote: »
    Congratulations, start packing your bags!!! Did HRM ring you or email you to say the vetting was cleared and it's been forwarded to the Commissioner?

I rang them Redzer99, they tend to give you more information over the phone. The vetting hasn't been cleared yet, that's up to the commissioner to clear it. They just said the vetting reports have been complete and it has been put forward to the Commissioner for decision. I'm just glad the vetting checks are over as that is the biggest wait over, surely a decision can't take too long now

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    Very similar to me but I did my interview at the start of August an my Physical the middle of October so hopefully it's all done for February! As of two weeks ago when I last contacted HR my vetting was still pending but she said she was optimistic it would be back for the next intake so I'll take that

I'd say we're pretty much in the same batch, she did say they were expecting a load of decisions back from the commissioner soon so hopefully we're in them BobbyDaisy and we can start packing after the Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Brains55

I'm in much the same time frame as you guys but when I rang they told me they dont give out details about vetting or how far along your application is. She told me the next word I get will be a email and that thee could be hundreds ahead of me.!! Should I ring again and hope for someone more helpful..??

Brains55 wrote: »
    I'm in much the same time frame as you guys but when I rang they told me they dont give out details about vetting or how far along your application is. She told me the next word I get will be a email and that thee could be hundreds ahead of me.!! Should I ring again and hope for someone more helpful..??

I would because there have been plenty of us that have been told where our vetting is at so no harm ringing again. Let us know how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Brains55

Garda91 wrote: »
    I would because there have been plenty of us that have been told where our vetting is at so no harm ringing again. Let us know how you get on :)

Rang and got some lovely woman who was very helpful she said my vetting is still outstanding can't believe it's still not back considering me or any of my family have never lived outside ireland.

Brains55 wrote: »
    Rang and got some lovely woman who was very helpful she said my vetting is still outstanding can't believe it's still not back considering me or any of my family have never lived outside ireland.

Yeah I've noticed staff can be hot or cold. I wouldn't worry too much, there is a load in the same boat, I didn't have anyone abroad and I'm only in the final stages now. Stay positive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

I'm still waiting for mine to come back haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tameanseo19

Hey guys just wondering what's involved in the vetting process? I've lived a few places abroad and I'm wondering if it just involves police clearances from other countries, or do they call previous employers etc?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

Hey guys just wondering what's involved in the vetting process? I've lived a few places abroad and I'm wondering if it just involves police clearances from other countries, or do they call previous employers etc?
    Thanks

You fill out a detailed form that includes all previous addresses, details of siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Using that and your interview form (which has your work history) someone will contact previous employers for a chat. After all the checks are done, you meet a Garda, generally a Sgt for a preliminary chat. Then you will meet your local superintendent for a detailed meeting about you. You will get asked questions ranging from the political end to the illegal substances end of things. The superintendent gives you, yourself, personal nod of yay or nay. The vetting unit has the final say based on everything else.

• Advertisement

Everyone get any further with their vetting clearance yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Alfa1949

I was advised my vetting is cleared, whatever that means. Deferred a retest on 2 parts of the PST back in October, no word yet when thats coming up...

Alfa1949 wrote: »
    I was advised my vetting is cleared, whatever that means. Deferred a retest on 2 parts of the PST back in October, no word yet when thats coming up...

ah once your vetting is cleared you've nothing to worry about, just get through the physical :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Alfa1949 wrote: »

Heya, can I ask what you mean by deferred a retest on two parts of the PCT? Did you fail the two parts of the test as in bleep, sit ups, push ups and then part two obstacles and push pull? Did you get three months to do it again and then deferred?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Alfa1949

the bleep and pushups, was invited back to retest in October but decided to defer until I was ready and had loads of practice. Now I'm ready but no word from HR on a date to retest, was hoping before Christmas.

Id say you could be waiting until there are people down from the Sept Campaign doing their physicals.

• Advertisement

http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-gra-accept-labour-court-deal-3120945-Dec2016/

This is great news for AGS, especially for any new recruits going in they will see a €7000 increase in their salary taking effect in January 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tameanseo19

Thanks for that... I didn't know that they contact previous employers as well..though it was only the current. I'm apprehensive now about getting in as I've lived and worked in Oz and Europe and had quite a few jobs/addresses along the way.. some of which I struggle to remember :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Woop!

Hi, just have a quick question, if you fail the fitness on one part,, i.e lets say the push ups , when you re-take it do you only have to the part you failed or do you need to do everything again? and also how long do they normally give you between failing and the re-take?
    Thanks in advance for any help!

Woop! wrote: »
    Hi, just have a quick question, if you fail the fitness on one part,, i.e lets say the push ups , when you re-take it do you only have to the part you failed or do you need to do everything again? and also how long do they normally give you between failing and the re-take?
    Thanks in advance for any help!

The PCT is divided into 2 stages. Stage 1 involves bleep test followed by push ups and sit ups. If you fail any one or more of these you will have to repeat the whole stage. Stage 2 involves circuit court followed by push pull, again if you fail one or both of these you have to repeat this stage again. If for example you fail push ups in stage one, but complete everything else in both stages, you will only have to come back and repeat the whole of stage 1 i.e bleep test push ups and sit ups.

If you fail on anything they tend to give you an option of coming back within 3 weeks or coming back with 3 months and you decide which one based on how long you think you will need to be fully fit to complete the failed part.

Hope this answers your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Horza

As regards the new pay deal is the rent allowance paid for the 2 years of training or throughout career?

• Advertisement

Horza wrote: »
    As regards the new pay deal is the rent allowance paid for the 2 years of training or throughout career?

The rent allowance is added to your Salary and is given to all members, up to and including Superintendent. It will also increase by €500 per year, apparently due to the high rent costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

The fact that I have a physical date , does this mean my vetting has checked out?

Anyone got the number for HRM, would love to know before the Christmas what the story is.,

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭LandT

The fact that I have a physical date , does this mean my vetting has checked out?

Anyone got the number for HRM, would love to know before the Christmas what the story is.,

016661296 They should tell you if your vetting is back if you get a nice person. Or email them at appointments@garda.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Loradublin

Hey! Can anyone give me any tips on the super meeting? I don't no know why but I'm nervous . Meeting with the sarg was grand..I just don't know what to expect

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Loradublin wrote: »
    Hey! Can anyone give me any tips on the super meeting? I don't no know why but I'm nervous . Meeting with the sarg was grand..I just don't know what to expect

For me it was more or less the exact same as the meeting with the Sgt. Just a brief chat. Dress formally.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

LandT wrote: »
    016661296 They should tell you if your vetting is back if you get a nice person. Or email them at appointments@garda.ie

Hey, So i rang and was lucky to get a nice lady. Vetting is back and my last hurdle now is the PCT.

Feb looks good :):)

Hey, So i rang and was lucky to get a nice lady. Vetting is back and my last hurdle now is the PCT.

Brilliant here's hoping :-)

Brilliant here's hoping :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MsRoss1123

I contacted HRM today and they said my application has been finalized. I presume this means my vetting has come back ??

I'd assume so mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 MsRoss1123

Have you heard anything more about your vetting Gnr_Iver?

MsRoss1123 wrote: »
    Have you heard anything more about your vetting Gnr_Iver?

Not a thing mate, don't seem to be having any sort of luck with it. It's mad to think it's been just over a year since I applied first for the 2015 campaign, and yet I'm still no closer to my end goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-gra-accept-labour-court-deal-3120945-Dec2016/

This is great news for AGS, especially for any new recruits going in they will see a €7000 increase in their salary taking effect in January 2017.

So new recruits are on 23750 plus 7,000 in this deal ?

Canyon86 wrote: »

I'm open to correction but that's what it says anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

Canyon86 wrote: »

There is still talks ongoing about other allowances that are being reviewed. Probably wont get finalized until the middle of 2017.

See http://www.gra.cc/documents/LabourCourtRecommendations.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Still no luck with the vetting that's February out the window for me more than likely

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

Still no luck with the vetting that's February out the window for me more than likely

I thought once the super is finished with you he submitts your file to HRM. Does this mean vetting has been cleared?

Redzer99 wrote: »
    I thought once the super is finished with you he submitts your file to HRM. Does this mean vetting has been cleared?

Yeah that's the impression the super gave me anyway too hmmmm

Yeah that's the impression the super gave me anyway too hmmmm

No it's separate

• Advertisement

No it's separate

You're right. HRM told me there my vetting is still outstanding

No it's separate

I wouldn't rule out February though! Still a few weeks until the invites are out

I wouldn't rule out February though! Still a few weeks until the invites are out

It's possible but won't be holding my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sam4thehills

Am in the same boat. My OOM is in th 90-100 which makes it really frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Does your OOM drop by much after the PCT? I've met the sergeant and doing my medical next week. I'm currently in the 1200's, I guess May would be more realistic than Feb for myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Does your OOM drop by much after the PCT? I've met the sergeant and doing my medical next week. I'm currently in the 1200's, I guess May would be more realistic than Feb for myself?

I'm not sure OOM really comes in to it much anymore. Once you pass everything and vetting is cleared, you're in. I've seen people on here with very high OOM s not got get called before people way further down due to vetting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Bear22

When do people think the Feb offers will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 clockwork26

Bear22 wrote: »
    When do people think the Feb offers will be out?

I was told when i rang up about my vetting that there trying to give a months notice.. so id say around the end of this month/start of jan.

Really getting sick of this waiting around now.

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Really getting sick of this waiting around now.

Are you contacting them everyday?

Are you contacting them everyday?

Contacting them every 1-2 weeks. Nothing seems to be happening at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement