Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Waiting Room -

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Vamp369 wrote: »
    All the details you needed on family for vetting PLUS first cousins now (Name, address, degree of relationship, occupation). It doesn't say anything about dates of birth but I will be getting mine just encase.

Jaysus, thank the lord I kept a copy of my Form B on my laptop ha. ''Twas a good call.

Ah that's grand so, they've just added in the cousins this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Offers are out

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭LandT

Offers are out

U get one? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

LandT wrote: »
    U get one? :-)

Yes, yes I did

I'm overwhelmed to the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Yes, yes I did

Aw congrats! What an amazing Christmas present :)

• Advertisement

Yes, yes I did

Well done :D

Yes, yes I did

Thrilled for you! Well done :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Loradublin

Got my offer too yaaaaaaay

Loradublin wrote: »
    Got my offer too yaaaaaaay

Congrats, When did you find out?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Loradublin

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Congrats, When did you find out?:D

They rang me today asking why I haven't confirmed my place ha! I was supposed to have got an email last Friday but there was a mess up ha

• Advertisement

Ah fair play to you, No more waiting around for you ha

Ah fair play to you, No more waiting around for you ha

No joy Gnr_Iver?! When I saw that you'd posted earlier I was hoping you'd gotten a place!!

DooraGirl wrote: »
    No joy Gnr_Iver?! When I saw that you'd posted earlier I was hoping you'd gotten a place!!

Na, no joy for me. Hell would have to freeze over first. Happy for everyone getting offers but, I'm so so jealous haha :o

Na, no joy for me. Hell would have to freeze over first. Happy for everyone getting offers but, I'm so so jealous haha :o

Understandably!!!! Was really hoping for ya. Wonder how far off February is of being filled??!

Understandably!!!! Was really hoping for ya. Wonder how far off February is of being filled??!

I'd say its almost done, Maybe a couple of spaces left leading up to the start date but that's it. Looks like I have another LONG wait ahead of me haha

I'd say its almost done, Maybe a couple of spaces left leading up to the start date but that's it. Looks like I have another LONG wait ahead of me haha

May is the Next one they said

I can't even imagin the frustration:( Anyone want to start a May thread?! Hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Me too! It's so frustrating having to wait another 2-3 months for the next round of offers

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

You and me both, Gnr_Iver...

It's all getting a little harder to justify.

I was expecting to be in the September intake! Now it's looking like maybe May, if not August, almost a full year later.

It's difficult not to feel a little bit passed over!

JimmyBreen wrote: »
    You and me both, Gnr_Iver...

It's all getting a little harder to justify.

I was expecting to be in the September intake! Now it's looking like maybe May, if not August, almost a full year later.

It's difficult not to feel a little bit passed over!

Jaysus JimmyBreen are you still waiting too??? Haha, We're about to become part of the Boards.ie furniture!

Aye, I know it's hard mate but it'll come. 30yrs in a career is a long time.... well, that's what I keep telling myself :)

• Advertisement

Well has anyone heard any news relating to their vetting over the past few days??

I'd say the Feb intake is full by now so we can put any chances of a late offer to bed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Well has anyone heard any news relating to their vetting over the past few days??

I'd say the Feb intake is full by now so we can put any chances of a late offer to bed :(

I'm going to give it a few weeks before I check up on it again I don't want anymore bad news getting me down over the rest of my holidays 😂 Have you been in contact with them yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cpr_billy

First time writing here folks. Im from 2013 campaign and still waiting for vetting to be cleared! Had interview december 2015, passed fitness in march.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

To all those waiting on an offer

Use your time to save up as much you can cos you ll be on 188 or less for 8 months in Templemore :)

Just my two cents 😂

I have my medical and physical yet to do so I'm waiting myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Cpr_billy wrote: »
    First time writing here folks. Im from 2013 campaign and still waiting for vetting to be cleared! Had interview december 2015, passed fitness in march.

Wow! Any idea what's holding it up?

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    I'm going to give it a few weeks before I check up on it again I don't want anymore bad news getting me down over the rest of my holidays 😂 Have you been in contact with them yourself?

Yea I'm gonna leave it for a while, no news is good news. I contacted them before Xmas but it was the same old stuff as always.

Cpr_billy wrote: »

Jaysus Christ!!! They can't justify that in my opinion! Shocking

Jaysus Christ!!! They can't justify that in my opinion! Shocking

Ah there nothing u can do! Just work away keep saving and hopefully we get the call some day!before retirement hopefully :D

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Wow! Any idea what's holding it up?

Vetting! Have alot of fam over seas thats all i can think of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Has anyone any experience with a holdup in vetting as a result of extended family in Northern Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

I have family in the North and I lived abroad. I can't tell which is holding it up (if not both), they don't give us any information just that it's not back yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

AM11 wrote: »
    I have family in the North and I lived abroad. I can't tell which is holding it up (if not both), they don't give us any information just that it's not back yet.

That's somewhat disheartening, just after filling out my form B and I've approx 10 individuals on the form who are currently residing in Northern Ireland.

I really do feel for those who have been held up as a result of vetting and I've a sneaky suspicion that I'll be pitching my tent in the waiting room for an extended period down the line.

Things have gotten quite around here since the offers went out. Hopefully May is our turn, god knows we've waited long enough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Things have gotten quite around here since the offers went out. Hopefully May is our turn, god knows we've waited long enough :(

Think everyone is keeping the heads down trying to take their minds off the offers till they come around :) that's what I'm doing anyways!

Yea I suppose so ha, plenty of waiting ahead :(

• Advertisement

Well...has the new year brought any good news so far for anyone??

Contemplating whether to contact HR for an update, its been a while since my last email...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Well...has the new year brought any good news so far for anyone??

Contemplating whether to contact HR for an update, its been a while since my last email...

Nope still nothing for me. Dunno how you do it! Waiting 3 months now to meet my super! HR sent reminders but there's a back log in my area. They also told them my meeting was urgent as my sgt guaranteed me February and all hope had been lost! Bit of luck I hear soon. In time for May!

Wax100 wrote: »
    Nope still nothing for me. Dunno how you do it! Waiting 3 months now to meet my super! HR sent reminders but there's a back log in my area. They also told them my meeting was urgent as my sgt guaranteed me February and all hope had been lost! Bit of luck I hear soon. In time for May!

Ah that's bad luck bud, yea waiting around is a killer. It'll be a year in March since I handed in my vetting forms ha. Never did I think after all this time I would still be waiting.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Ah that's bad luck bud, yea waiting around is a killer. It'll be a year in March since I handed in my vetting forms ha. Never did I think after all this time I would still be waiting.:(

If I was you I wouldn't give them a minute now up to May. Just keep on them just to see if it helps in any way shape or form! You need that May spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 redgreendragon

Might as well check myself in here now. All stages complete. Not sure about my vetting as I never contacted them. Applied November 2015 and have a final OOM between 1000 and 1100. Anyone else in same boat or what way you all fixed?

• Advertisement

Might as well check myself in here now. All stages complete. Not sure about my vetting as I never contacted them. Applied November 2015 and have a final OOM between 1000 and 1100. Anyone else in same boat or what way you all fixed?

Happy to have ya bud haha. Hopefully you won't be stuck in here as long as some of us. Yea I'm from the 2015 campaign too. All my stages were finished back in July and I'm in the 0-20 range :(

Training in Dublin too it looks like?!

It looks like a possibility, take the strain off Templmore I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

It looks like a possibility, take the strain off Templmore I suppose.

This looks interesting

Perhaps accom for some of the phases out in stations too ? Will be keeping an eye on this one

Canyon86 wrote: »
    This looks interesting

Perhaps accom for some of the phases out in stations too ? Will be keeping an eye on this one

Yea, its looking promising for this year! Hopefully this is a good year for all waiting for an offer too

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

I thought that meant accomidation for trainee garda stationed in Dublin, presumably because of the cost of rent up there and the large number that get sent there? Might be wrong

Not sure about the accommodation, to be honest I couldn't see them forking out money just to accommodate people. I think the rent allowance is the best recruits will get.

Take it and run ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Alfa1949

I finally got the call for the last batch in Feb, after resitting the physical 7th Jan. Thanks to all the good advice from here. Gnr Iver, it HAS to be a vetting complication, keep pressing HR, you cannot keep your life on hold another year. Ask them if there is anything at all practicable you can do to assist, since the vetting is so slow.

Alfa1949 wrote: »
    I finally got the call for the last batch in Feb, after resitting the physical 7th Jan. Thanks to all the good advice from here. Gnr Iver, it HAS to be a vetting complication, keep pressing HR, you cannot keep your life on hold another year. Ask them if there is anything at all practicable you can do to assist, since the vetting is so slow.

Well done bud, delighted for ya!

Ah yeah sure it's up to them now at this stage, if they want me they'll offer me a spot. If not then there's nothing I can do. All the best for the future!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement