Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Waiting Room -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 redgreendragon

Anyone any experience of emailing HR about vetting ? I emailed yesterday and got no reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Anyone any experience of emailing HR about vetting ? I emailed yesterday and got no reply?

I called them. They were lovely, very helpful :)

DooraGirl wrote: »
    I called them. They were lovely, very helpful :)

Am still too afraid to call. Lol

Ah go for it! I was the same... hopefully it's good news for ya. At least you will know then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

I called and emailed them and asked why people with lower OOM were called to the PCT before me and all they said was that they have a lot of people waiting and they will contact me when more dates become available :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

I called HR before and the women on the phone wasn't helpful at all. I contact them through email now but it's all the same to be fair!

They're probably sick of me at this stage haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

Out of interest, roughly when is the fitness taking place? Heard there was a big back log we retests, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    I called HR before and the women on the phone wasn't helpful at all. I contact them through email now but it's all the same to be fair!

They're probably sick of me at this stage haha

I'm the opposite they never reply to my emails but when I ring they are very helpful in fairness to them

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    I'm the opposite they never reply to my emails but when I ring they are very helpful in fairness to them

I'd say I just got her on a bad day or something..I know they're under huge pressure with processing all the applicants but I feel as though I've waited long enough like, considering all the people that have passed me to date. I think there processing OOM in the mid 1000's now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

I'd say I just got her on a bad day or something..I know they're under huge pressure with processing all the applicants but I feel as though I've waited long enough like, considering all the people that have passed me to date. I think there processing OOM in the mid 1000's now :(

Possibly I've only been on to them twice and they were fine with me. Yeah I know I'm mid 500's and it's frustrating seeing that but I'm sure there are a lot more that don't post on here in the same situation just got to be patient and hope for the best

So I emailed last week about vetting and got no response. So I rang today and nobody answered. I should take the hint I think.

So I emailed last week about vetting and got no response. So I rang today and nobody answered. I should take the hint I think.

They're probably just flat out sorting out the Feb intake and all that jazz! Give it another couple of days and give it a go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Does anybody know where the graduates of the class that finished in November were sent to stations wise ?

Was it all Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Does anybody know where the graduates of the class that finished in November were sent to stations wise ?

Was it all Dublin ?
    Training stations are all over the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

My view is to leave them alone to be honest. The more time spent answering phone calls and emails the less time spent on processing vetting, medicals, pcts etc for everyone!

• Advertisement

Off topic but, I saw one of the new ARU BMW's responding on the M50 last night....Some machine! I think the mix between the red and blue LED's look far better than the standard blue.

Like the above poster said I didn't want ringing because I don't like annoying them. I am in the middle of a degree and we are expected to do summer work for experience. I don't want giving a commitment and then being offered a place in temolemore. Turns out I was ringing the wrong number. I got talking to them earlier and was told my file is complete and is ready to go forward depending on OOM. she then told me there is a good few people from 2013 campaign and this campaign innfront of me. My OOM is in the 1000s. So no idea if May will be my turn but at least everything is complete. The waiting game continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Robyn O

I emailed vetting this morning and received a response by lunch time - unfortunately mine is still 'processing' which is very very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Robyn O wrote: »
    I emailed vetting this morning and received a response by lunch time - unfortunately mine is still 'processing' which is very very frustrating!

What is the email address for that department please?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Off topic but, I saw one of the new ARU BMW's responding on the M50 last night....Some machine! I think the mix between the red and blue LED's look far better than the standard blue.

Haha seen it myself it looks much better with the red mixed in! I like it. Much better than standard blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Depotdoc

Just rang HR and was informed my vetting is still outstanding? Would this be because I haven't had the meeting with my super yet or is the meeting not part of the vetting? I was under the impression it's part of the vetting

Depotdoc wrote: »
    Just rang HR and was informed my vetting is still outstanding? Would this be because I haven't had the meeting with my super yet or is the meeting not part of the vetting? I was under the impression it's part of the vetting

Yeah, it's part of the vetting process. If you haven't met with your local Sgt and Super then your vetting won't be complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

If your told your vetting is complete, would that mean you just have to basically wait for an offer or does it go to the commissioner after your vetting is complete?

tomcwn wrote: »
    If your told your vetting is complete, would that mean you just have to basically wait for an offer or does it go to the commissioner after your vetting is complete?

I think once your vetting is complete it is passed on for consideration by the commissioner. But I'm open to correction on that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

I think once your vetting is complete it is passed on for consideration by the commissioner. But I'm open to correction on that. :)

Thats what I was told when I rang HR and found out my vetting was complete. It still had to be sent to the Commissioner's office for final decision.

Vamp369 wrote: »
    Thats what I was told when I rang HR and found out my vetting was complete. It still had to be sent to the Commissioner's office for final decision.

I wonder does the commissioner actually sit down and go through all those files?? I'd hardly think so...

I think that's what I'm waiting on now is the final decision

I wonder does the commissioner actually sit down and go through all those files?? I'd hardly think so...

I think that's what I'm waiting on now is the final decision

God I don't know.... its a terrifying prospect that after everything we've gone through, she can just say no thanks! Fair play to you for staying so positive.. I'm going out of my mind :/

God I don't know.... its a terrifying prospect that after everything we've gone through, she can just say no thanks! Fair play to you for staying so positive.. I'm going out of my mind :/

Ha I've had enough time to practise staying positive:) from what I've heard it's very rare that she would decline a candidates application. You'd want to have some skeletons in the closet like ha

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SOM2016

Anyone have an idea how much would be left from 2013 campaign or January campaign? Just have physical left to do.. met with super today.

SOM2016 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea how much would be left from 2013 campaign or January campaign? Just have physical left to do.. met with super today.

It's hard to say mate, due to vetting issues I'd imagine there's still a few still waiting from Band 3 of the 2013 campaign and then there's a good batch of people waiting from the Nov 2015 campaign too.

The whole Order Of Merit crack is out the window if you've problems with your vetting unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 SOM2016

It's hard to say mate, due to vetting issues I'd imagine there's still a few still waiting from Band 3 of the 2013 campaign and then there's a good batch of people waiting from the Nov 2015 campaign too.

The whole Order Of Merit crack is out the window if you've problems with your vetting unfortunately

Today Super said there was no problem with my vetting and that he wouldn't delay with forwarding me onto the commissioner.
    Never lived outside the republic or I don't have any relations even in the north so they seem to be happy enough.
    Just want to get the PCT done so my bits done!

SOM2016 wrote: »
    Today Super said there was no problem with my vetting and that he wouldn't delay with forwarding me onto the commissioner.
    Never lived outside the republic or I don't have any relations even in the north so they seem to be happy enough.
    Just want to get the PCT done so my bits done!

Ah not to bad so, yeah my local super said the same thing to me but I'm still waiting :( hopefully you won't be left hanging.

This campaign is gonna be the death of me ha, never wanted anything more than to step through those gates as a trainee !

Ah not to bad so, yeah my local super said the same thing to me but I'm still waiting :( hopefully you won't be left hanging.

This campaign is gonna be the death of me ha, never wanted anything more than to step through those gates as a trainee !

Got goosebumps reading that last line! Never realised how much I wanted it.. this campaign certainly tests your resolve!!!

Got goosebumps reading that last line! Never realised how much I wanted it.. this campaign certainly tests your resolve!!!

I was chatting to a couple of probationer guards in my local station a while back and they both said the feeling of going through those gates for the first time is unbelievable, it's a career like no other !

I was chatting to a couple of probationer guards in my local station a while back and they both said the feeling of going through those gates for the first time is unbelievable, it's a career like no other !

I can only imagine... I keep imagining the first time I put the uniform on haha. Keeps me going... it's not that long till May. Hopefully we'll be going through the gates then :)

I can only imagine... I keep imagining the first time I put the uniform on haha. Keeps me going... it's not that long till May. Hopefully we'll be going through the gates then :)

Whenever it happens it'll be a good day ha, just hope the waiting can finally be over soon so the dreaming can become a reality

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

You hit the nail on the head there-I'll have serious levels of patience after this!! Hopefully it'll all be worth it and we'll be walking through those gates sometime soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Ah sure lads, what a few months more of waiting. We will have 30 years to enjoy! :pac::pac::pac:

Cathyp wrote: »
    You hit the nail on the head there-I'll have serious levels of patience after this!! Hopefully it'll all be worth it and we'll be walking through those gates sometime soon!

Fingers and toes crossed! You hoping for May?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

The waiting is a rough time. I'm from 2015 and have everything complete but waiting over 3 months to meet my super because there is a backlog in my area! And having quite a low OOM too. Like you said the OOM means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Just the physical in 2 weeks for me and must meet the super and hopefully that's me in for May fingers crossed!
    Anyone here from Cork meet there super recently? Met the sergeant at the start of December but haven't heard anything else yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Sparky_7 wrote: »
    Just the physical in 2 weeks for me and must meet the super and hopefully that's me in for May fingers crossed!
    Anyone here from Cork meet there super recently? Met the sergeant at the start of December but haven't heard anything else yet!

What type of notice did you get for the fitness examination, hardly 2 weeks notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

Fingers and toes crossed! You hoping for May?

Yeah I have my fitness the start of Feb so fingers crossed it all goes according to plan. I haven't met with the super yet though so vetting not complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

TallGlass wrote: »
    Sparky_7 wrote: »

What type of notice did you get for the fitness examination, hardly 2 weeks notice?
    I have the physical in 2 weeks,i got notified 6 weeks ago.

TallGlass wrote: »

I got 3 weeks notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Police1

Whenever it happens it'll be a good day ha, just hope the waiting can finally be over soon so the dreaming can become a reality

Everything complete since July like you Gnr_Iver and its really starting to get to me now...i cant make any plans/commit to anything,iv tried putting it to the back of my mind but i feel like im in limbo..defo getting hard to stay positive..particularly with a low oom 😭

Police1 wrote: »
    Everything complete since July like you Gnr_Iver and its really starting to get to me now...i cant make any plans/commit to anything,iv tried putting it to the back of my mind but i feel like im in limbo..defo getting hard to stay positive..particularly with a low oom 😭

It's refreshing to know that there's somebody with the same timeframe like me haha. Yea I've a low OOM too but sure that makes no difference at all. The waiting did get to me after the first few months but I've just gotten used to it now.

I'm just waiting on the commissioners decision now so hopefully that'll come through soon and I'll finally be accepted in May. :)

Ya its defo a comfort ive been following your journey haha..Get out??really?so your vetting is back and clear?did you just find this out?thats amazing news!

You for sure will be in the May intake if thats the case..hmmm i havent rang hr since late November maybe i'll call them tomorrow..level of info depends who answers the phone

Police1 wrote: »
    Ya its defo a comfort ive been following your journey haha..Get out??really?so your vetting is back and clear?did you just find this out?thats amazing news!

You for sure will be in the May intake if thats the case..hmmm i havent rang hr since late November maybe i'll call them tomorrow..level of info depends who answers the phone

Yeah I found out awhile ago that my background checks were clear, which they should be, but because the commissioner hasn't signed off on it yet it's still classed as incomplete. It does annoy me a lot when I look back to the day I passed my physical, I thought September was going to be the start of my career.

But the months kept rolling by with the same negative responses from HR. Yeah deffo give them a shout and see, you never know.

Yeah I found out awhile ago that my background checks were clear, which they should be, but because the commissioner hasn't signed off on it yet it's still classed as incomplete. It does annoy me a lot when I look back to the day I passed my physical, I thought September was going to be the start of my career.

But the months kept rolling by with the same negative responses from HR. Yeah deffo give them a shout and see, you never know.

Wow thats fantastic news,delightec for you..i thought you were still waiting for vetting to clear..just a relief to know alls good on your part..

I know all is good on my part and there would be absolutly no reason for my vetting not to be clear,but still cant help but worry

Ya totally get what youre saying,i was sure id be in sept,then again for each other intake so disheartening,i suppose it will make the day we get our offer so much more special but until then i'll remain bitter haha defo will give them a call tomorrow on the off chance,i do have alot of family all over the world so its no surprise

• Advertisement
Advertisement