Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Waiting Room -

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Police1 wrote: »
    Wow thats fantastic news,delightec for you..i thought you were still waiting for vetting to clear..just a relief to know alls good on your part..

I know all is good on my part and there would be absolutly no reason for my vetting not to be clear,but still cant help but worry

Ya totally get what youre saying,i was sure id be in sept,then again for each other intake so disheartening,i suppose it will make the day we get our offer so much more special but until then i'll remain bitter haha defo will give them a call tomorrow on the off chance,i do have alot of family all over the world so its no surprise

Yeah, still not getting my hopes up though just gonna keep thinking the same and hopefully good news will finally come this year. I'm the same like I've never been in trouble with the guards to any extend and have a couple of relatives living abroad so we're pretty much in the same boat.

Whenever the offer comes I'll probably think it's a joke haha, I'll be like Na this can't be right :) do you mind me asking what range your OOM is in?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Police1

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Yeah, still not getting my hopes up though just gonna keep thinking the same and hopefully good news will finally come this year. I'm the same like I've never been in trouble with the guards to any extend and have a couple of relatives living abroad so we're pretty much in the same boat.

Whenever the offer comes I'll probably think it's a joke haha, I'll be like Na this can't be right :) do you mind me asking what range your OOM is in?

Haha ya must be aprils fools!"dont ever ring this number again whoever you are" haha..oom is between 50-60..called hr this morning and vetting is still outstanding grrr

Haha ya must be aprils fools!"dont ever ring this number again whoever you are" haha..oom is between 50-60..called hr this morning and vetting is still outstanding grrr

ah shhtop :D Its a bit sickening when you do so well to achieve a place in that range and then its all thrown out the window...Bye bye!

Well at least there is still 3 months left for it to come back in the clear before the next offers come out. I think I saw it somewhere that the next start date is the 8th of May so come back two weeks for induction, then give a month for notice you're looking at maybe the end of March, start of April when the offers come out. Roughly.

This is all just speculation but I'm sure somebody posted about it previously.:rolleyes:

ah shhtop :D Its a bit sickening when you do so well to achieve a place in that range and then its all thrown out the window...Bye bye!

Well at least there is still 3 months left for it to come back in the clear before the next offers come out. I think I saw it somewhere that the next start date is the 8th of May so come back two weeks for induction, then give a month for notice you're looking at maybe the end of March, start of April when the offers come out. Roughly.

This is all just speculation but I'm sure somebody posted about it previously.:rolleyes:

Aaaaaaand its my second time through the process..applied in 2013 also,that was a year waiting around also,then to not get through so feels like a bloody lifetime ha!

Ya i would say thats a pretty accurate timeframe..if they said right you,youre not starting until 2018 id be grand with it,just happy to have a date..but ya,theres a chance it may be back,to be honest id be happy once im in @ somepoint this year..but dear go if it rolls in 2018 i actually wouldnt know what to do with myself

Aaaaaaand its my second time through the process..applied in 2013 also,that was a year waiting around also,then to not get through so feels like a bloody lifetime ha!

Ya i would say thats a pretty accurate timeframe..if they said right you,youre not starting until 2018 id be grand with it,just happy to have a date..but ya,theres a chance it may be back,to be honest id be happy once im in @ somepoint this year..but dear go if it rolls in 2018 i actually wouldnt know what to do with myself

Yeah I applied back in 2013 myself. it would make a huge difference it they gave you some sort of timeframe to work with. I cant plan anything in advance because I don't know what ill be doing in a few months, cant switch jobs because nobody will hire you if you're gonna be out the gap down the road too.

Tis all up in the air at the moment:(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

Yeah I applied back in 2013 myself. it would make a huge difference it they gave you some sort of timeframe to work with. I cant plan anything in advance because I don't know what ill be doing in a few months, cant switch jobs because nobody will hire you if you're gonna be out the gap down the road too.

Tis all up in the air at the moment:(

I have been tuned into these threads over the last 12 months or so and I am delighted you got the vetting cleared Gnr. I'm sure the chances of a delay at this stage are unlikely for you so it must be all positive now? I'm in a slightly similar situation regarding vetting been delayed but I gauge I am roughly a month behind you between interview, fitness etc - hopefully I get word on my vetting before May.

It's going to be a huge change in salary but there are rewards/benefits the Gardai offer that my current career just can't.

Keep the faith folks!

kfitzerp wrote: »
    I have been tuned into these threads over the last 12 months or so and I am delighted you got the vetting cleared Gnr. I'm sure the chances of a delay at this stage are unlikely for you so it must be all positive now? I'm in a slightly similar situation regarding vetting been delayed but I gauge I am roughly a month behind you between interview, fitness etc - hopefully I get word on my vetting before May.

It's going to be a huge change in salary but there are rewards/benefits the Gardai offer that my current career just can't.

Keep the faith folks!

Yeah it's good to have gotten some good news but until I've been signed off I'm still gonna consider it as incomplete. Ah not too bad, I did my interview back in March. Feels so long ago :(

Hopefully you'll have better luck than me with regards to your vetting bud. There's nothing worse than hanging around watching the intakes roll past. In my opinion this is the right time to be recruiting into AGS, it was never about the money for me but your deffo right that the salaries are finally on the way up to where they should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

My life just feels like it's on a complete pause at the moment! I know my time will come but the waiting is a killer. I know I'm not waiting half as long as sone people here but it's still hard. I moved home to try save a little money so now I just feel a little 'stuck'. Apologies for the random post.. Sunday evening musing! :)

DooraGirl wrote: »
    My life just feels like it's on a complete pause at the moment! I know my time will come but the waiting is a killer. I know I'm not waiting half as long as sone people here but it's still hard. I moved home to try save a little money so now I just feel a little 'stuck'. Apologies for the random post.. Sunday evening musing! :)

Ah I know how you feel:( I've moved back home too, I'd rather give my mother money for rent than give it to a stranger! Ha

I don't feel too bad about the waiting anymore, plus it's my birthday on Thursday, whoop whoop!! Haha

Ah I know how you feel:( I've moved back home too, I'd rather give my mother money for rent than give it to a stranger! Ha

I don't feel too bad about the waiting anymore, plus it's my birthday on Thursday, whoop whoop!! Haha

I hope I get the call soon for my own sanity! Hahaha Living back at home is starting to grate a little :)

Ah that's great.. we should have a Boards night out to celebrate hahaha

• Advertisement

I hope I get the call soon for my own sanity! Hahaha Living back at home is starting to grate a little :)

Ah that's great.. we should have a Boards night out to celebrate hahaha

Oh I hear ya :) ha plenty of pints to be had!

Oh I hear ya :) ha plenty of pints to be had!

I've decided I'm not touching another drop of alcohol until I get that offer!!!

Enjoy the celebrations:)

I've decided I'm not touching another drop of alcohol until I get that offer!!!

Enjoy the celebrations:)

I will indeed. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

It must be very frustrating as you've passed all the stages. Fingers and toes crossed you get the call very soon x

Henry2006 wrote: »
    It must be very frustrating as you've passed all the stages. Fingers and toes crossed you get the call very soon x

Thank you.. very kind x

Well folks, anyone have an update on their vetting etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

My vetting is complete so just waiting on a final decision from the commissioner all going well I'd say May will be my time. It's going to be a long wait until the offers in March

I called yday and its back shock is an understatement..particularly considering i emailed last week and it wasnt..i really thought id be waiting another year

That's great news guys. Ye must be delighted! So what kind of age group are in this Waiting Room?! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

If anyone needs to get a laptop for templemore, there's a decent deal on dealrush for factory reconditioned ibm laptops with 12 month warranty and anti virus software for €125.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

PM'd you, Gnr.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

Has anyone from the September 2016 campaign bothered to ring up yet or are Ye waiting till after physicals? Have the medical done and met the inspector in local station but no physical done yet

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Depotdoc

Has anyone from the September 2016 campaign bothered to ring up yet or are Ye waiting till after physicals? Have the medical done and met the inspector in local station but no physical done yet

Ring up about what exactly?

I called yday and its back shock is an understatement..particularly considering i emailed last week and it wasnt..i really thought id be waiting another year

Good stuff bud. The worrying is over

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭vodkacz

Hi guys,
    I know many asked that before but coulndnt find it at all. What is the suitable attire when meeting sergeant and super. Also what kind of questions should I expect once I meet them, respectively? Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

vodkacz wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I know many asked that before but coulndnt find it at all. What is the suitable attire when meeting sergeant and super. Also what kind of questions should I expect once I meet them, respectively? Thanks for your help

Sergeant I wore casual clothes like jeans and a nice jacket
    Sergeant chat was casual enough more so to put a face on the name of application as he starts the local vetting process

Super is suit all the way, if your a fella have a shave and be nice and clean
    More questions asked here like motivation to be a garda current job past education etc

Both nothing to worry about good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

Depotdoc wrote: »
    Ring up about what exactly?

Ring up about vetting, I think its too early myself to ring but if anyone from September campaign has itd be interesting to see what they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Depotdoc

Ring up about vetting, I think its too early myself to ring but if anyone from September campaign has itd be interesting to see what they said.

Talking from someone who rings up at least once a week due to my nosey nature, it does no good.

Count yourself lucky that you've gotten this far in such a short period of time, fair play to you. I have the same amount done and I'm in the process a year.

Sit back and wait for your pct date, it won't be long, and your vetting doesn't need to be done alto get a date for pct as I have a date and my vetting isn't completed fully.

There will be no offers out till at least mid March I reckon.

Not sure there is a need for ringing all the time unless it's something urgent! They have enough to be doing in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paulcunn862

Anyone from the January 2016 campaign still waiting to meet their Seargant and Super? Done the PCT test 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard a thing from them, seems like most people on here have already meet their's and even the Sep 2016 campaign are already starting to meet their's which is very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Anyone from the January 2016 campaign still waiting to meet their Seargant and Super? Done the PCT test 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard a thing from them, seems like most people on here have already meet their's and even the Sep 2016 campaign are already starting to meet their's which is very frustrating.

I'm from 2015 campaign. Have everything done aside from meeting my super. Waiting 4 months to meet him.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Wax100 wrote: »
    I'm from 2015 campaign. Have everything done aside from meeting my super. Waiting 4 months to meet him.

Also haven't met my super yet aswel, from cork!And from 2015 campaign!

Wax100 wrote: »

Any idea what the hold up is? Have you contacted HRM or the station? I didn't bother because I don't think it will speed things up. I had some family members live abroad years ago, would that dekay vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

I've met the seargant but still waiting to meet the super. Have my fitness test this Saturday. I'm from the Nov 2015 campaign. From what I gather it depends how busy your area is, as they've loads of applicants to get through and it can be done in any order.

It's crap if you've got everything done and just waiting to see your super. It can put a big dampener on things..I was lucky enough to meet My Super the day after my Sgt. But I've made up my waiting time elsewhere ha

It's crap if you've got everything done and just waiting to see your super. It can put a big dampener on things..I was lucky enough to meet My Super the day after my Sgt. But I've made up my waiting time elsewhere ha

I was hoping you got a sneaky last minute offer for Feb!!!

I was hoping you got a sneaky last minute offer for Feb!!!

Unfortunately not, I'll be sticking around with ye all for a little bit longer :)

Unfortunately not, I'll be sticking around with ye all for a little bit longer :)

May is surely yours? Everything back and clear?!

May is surely yours? Everything back and clear?!

Ah you never know to be honest. Im just waiting to be signed off now I think. So I'm still treating it as outstanding :(

Cathyp wrote: »
    I've met the seargant but still waiting to meet the super. Have my fitness test this Saturday. I'm from the Nov 2015 campaign. From what I gather it depends how busy your area is, as they've loads of applicants to get through and it can be done in any order.

So someone who applied in a campaign after you could have all that done before you and go to Templemore before you just because their station is not be as busy your's. That seems very unfair to applicants, il be happy once I get them out of the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 WARRIOR08

So someone who applied in a campaign after you could have all that done before you and go to Templemore before you just because their station is not be as busy your's. That seems very unfair to applicants, il be happy once I get them out of the way.

I can confirm this is not true i live in a village of 250 people have everything done now and am still waiting. It's a waiting game now folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

I applied in the September 2016 campaign and after interview my OOM was in the top 10. I had my medical in mid December and am awaiting a test date for my physical. Haven't been called to the local station to meet the local guards either. Anybody else in a similar boat or can shed some light on what the delay might be?

M

mabf wrote: »
    I applied in the September 2016 campaign and after interview my OOM was in the top 10. I had my medical in mid December and am awaiting a test date for my physical. Haven't been called to the local station to meet the local guards either. Anybody else in a similar boat or can shed some light on what the delay might be?

M

Delay!? You have flown through every stage. Be patient ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

mabf wrote: »

M
    My daughter is in the same situation as you but her OOM was a bit higher, 86

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

Delay!? You have flown through every stage. Be patient ;)

Haha, yeah maybe I'm just being over eager. Probably because every other stage has gone so quickly I was expecting the same throughout.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Azizur Rahman

There's hope yet. Met a lad today at induction. He only got offered a place last week.

Start applying the brakes lads :) plenty of waiting ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

I'm not entirely sure. I did phone HQ a while ago to see should I be worried or should I just be patient and wait my turn, and they told me my area was very busy but that it was a normal amount of time to wait. I'm reluctant to keep phoning them as that'll just slow them down!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭vodkacz

Hi guys,

Just a question regarding intake. When you pass all stages how much notice you are given once you receive a letter informing you are in? Thanks for all replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

vodkacz wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just a question regarding intake. When you pass all stages how much notice you are given once you receive a letter informing you are in? Thanks for all replies.

A month before induction is the norm I believe

Advertisement