Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Side effects of 12 month vaccination?

• 13-10-2016 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭

My son had his 12 month vaccination three weeks ago and the nurse mentioned we may notice him having fever and being unwell in three weeks. Well, it's three weeks later and he has been having fever since Monday afternoon. What concerns me is that he still does and he refuses food, even his usual favorites and won't take calpol without a major struggle (both very unusual for him). How many days of this is normal? I have a new job and wouldn't easily be able to take him to the doctor without taking a full day off. Not that I mind that as much but just to add why I haven't been yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

It's lasted 4-5 days here. Was an absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

sareer wrote: »
    My son had his 12 month vaccination three weeks ago and the nurse mentioned we may notice him having fever and being unwell in three weeks. Well, it's three weeks later and he has been having fever since Monday afternoon. What concerns me is that he still does and he refuses food, even his usual favorites and won't take calpol without a major struggle (both very unusual for him). How many days of this is normal? I have a new job and wouldn't easily be able to take him to the doctor without taking a full day off. Not that I mind that as much but just to add why I haven't been yet.

Phone your GP and ask if it sounds serious enough to bring him in. If they say yes, then it's free and you should do what you need to do about work.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Paralink Paracetamol Suppositories are great for times like this. You can but them over the counter, great also for back teeth cutting. I'm fella gets mainly at night but when he won't take meds oral they are great. Hope they feel better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Yes I rang the doctor too but they said it was normal enough and to let it pass. I feel your pain though. Between that and the sleep regression around then, it was horrendous. Although sleeping through the night started shortly after so that was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭sareer

He is back to normal as of this morning...finally!

• Advertisement
Advertisement