Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up mountain bike suspension

Options
  • 13-10-2016 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi
    Maybe someone might be able to help me , I recently upgraded my mountain bike from a carrera kahren to a vitus Escarpe full suspension mountain bike 2016

On the kahren the fork was spring loaded and I adjusted this with a nob at the top of the fork by trial and error till I got what worked for me , on the new bike both fork and suspension are the air type, I have been working on adjusting the fork and suspension with different air pressures but can't seem to get it right and have a few questions that might sound really basic

First when setting the sag on both fork and suspension are the suspension ment to be locked out or open??

I am 90 kg and have 75 psi In the the front fork and 180 psi in th suspension does this sound about right ???

Thanks if you can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Setting sag with the forks open (no movement when locked out).

Pop into peter in revolve bikes?

Actually, phone CRC and ask them (suspension manufacturers usually have guidelines on their websites too).

I'm 100kg (think i'm on about 85psi on the front) and my rear suspension is an oddball 2:1 ratio that I've not had to touch in an age.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Those pressures sound in the right ballpark, I expect different models will vary. Put enough air in so that both front and rear suspension compress by about a quarter of their travel when you sit level on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 samshipee

In general you set both the forks and shock at 25% sag when in the standing attack position and have your full gear on. Leave the lock out off.

www. bikeradar. com/gear/article/how-to-set-up-your-mountain-bike-suspension-32460/

cant post links so take the spaces out of the above address

• Registered Users Posts: 30 goreyhead

Thanks for replies , I will have another go of setting them over the weekend and see how I get on

Advertisement