Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons of Blarney?

• 13-10-2016 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭

Is this a thing?

'Some serious criminal elements showed up': Feared motorcycle gang forms in Ireland http://jrnl.ie/3025662

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Bandidos motorcycle club now in Ireland,

Will this not lead to issues with the established Irish MC clubs??

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

More reason for Joe public to dislike bikes and groups of bikers riding out together.
    'Oh look Betty,a group of bikes, must be part of those criminal gang I read about the other day'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Bandidos motorcycle club now in Ireland,

Will this not lead to issues with the established Irish MC clubs??

Yes it will. Alliance Ireland exists mainly to keep this sort of criminal crap out of Ireland and the Irish MC scene. That's why these yahoos had their "thing" in bloody Galvone, of all places. Eventually they're going to start picking fights with the Road Tramps and things will probably get quite ugly. They already got very ugly indeed last year, in Murroe.

jvan wrote: »
    More reason for Joe public to dislike bikes and groups of bikers riding out together.
    'Oh look Betty,a group of bikes, must be part of those criminal gang I read about the other day'...

All motorcylists in Ireland, including the native MC "1%" crowd, enjoy peaceful productive relations with the regular country-folk and the Gardaí. This is not the case in every jurisdiction, far from it, and it is a situation that most of them, Alliance Ireland in particular, would like to continue. This is why this latest caper in Limerick is not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Seeing as I live outside Blarney, I got a fierce shock when I read the topic title :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MrTom1

My question is who let them become part of the 1% in Ireland ? Apparently they had a patch over party in limerick , from my understanding no one can just rock a full patch without seriously pissing odd the 1%ers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

I've never understood this biker gang shiite.

Can someone explain to me what these lads are into? It's like something out of the movies! It's one thing, a pack of them cruising around Miami or texas or somewhere on their Harley's, wearing their leather waistcoats and acting like hardmen.. but I can't see them doing that on a rainy November's night on the long mile road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Also, does this mean there's also going to be a rough tough construction worker/native american/policeman/cowboy club as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

This is far more to do with organised crime than it is to do with bikes or bikers. It's no different to any organised gang of thugs giving themselves a 'legitimate' base to work from. The worrying part here is the links it gives them to drugs and guns and the base it gives this gang here in Ireland.

Our homegrown 1%ers can arguabley be classed as thugs as well, but they are indigenous and answerable to themselves and for the most part don't harm their own. These clowns on the other hand have let an outside crime gang come in and tell them they are now answerable to and affiliated with one of the largest drug pushing and gun running gangs on the planet.

tbh, it's the weak willed nature of those allowing themselves to be patched over that concerns me. Those same spineless cowards are now the faces of this crime gang here.

This has nothing to do with real bikers or bikes.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

since it's limerick...

"Hunz of Tanarchy xxx"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yes it will. Alliance Ireland exists mainly to keep this sort of criminal crap out of Ireland and the Irish MC scene.

Haven't H.A been here for decades? Thought they weren't part of AI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

What about the devil's decipels? Are they a serious outfit too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

bandito909 I can't help but think you're doing a bit of recognisance for the banditos! you can patch over my old L vest just let me keep the small time wheelie dealing!

KonFusion wrote: »
    Haven't H.A been here for decades? Thought they weren't part of AI

There is no H.A. chapter in the Republic. There is one in Norn Iron, and the odd one of them has been observed knocking around Dublin.

bandito909 I can't help but think you're doing a bit of recognisance for the banditos! you can patch over my old L vest just let me keep the small time wheelie dealing!

Any more of these unauthorised drive-by patio-admirings will result in serious amounts of crisp-packets being thrun over someone's front wall. Word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭MSVforever

There is no H.A. chapter in the Republic. There is one in Norn Iron, and the odd one of them has been observed knocking around Dublin.

There is a Hells Angels chapter in Ireland. I think their club house is in Mulhuddart.

It's certainly no good news that the Bandidos are establishing themselves in Ireland as well as they are arch enemies of the Hells Angels.

In my homecountry they are fighting each other regularly to defend/extend their territory (often in or close to redlight districts).
    Not all of them are criminals(some chapters even organise charity things on a regular basis) but they would support/defend a criminal "brother" regardless (I guess its the 1%er thing).

Personally I cant stand this whole MC bull**** and dont think they are die hard bikers. Have you ever seen any of them in **** weather on their Harleys......lol....?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I always thought MC clubs here where just social clubs for middle aged men. never thought they would be up to no good. I live near Murroe and besides the noise of them at 2 or 3 in the morning never heard a bad thing said about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

This is far more to do with organised crime than it is to do with bikes or bikers. It's no different to any organised gang of thugs giving themselves a 'legitimate' base to work from. The worrying part here is the links it gives them to drugs and guns and the base it gives this gang here in Ireland.

Our homegrown 1%ers can arguabley be classed as thugs as well, but they are indigenous and answerable to themselves and for the most part don't harm their own. These clowns on the other hand have let an outside crime gang come in and tell them they are now answerable to and affiliated with one of the largest drug pushing and gun running gangs on the planet.

tbh, it's the weak willed nature of those allowing themselves to be patched over that concerns me. Those same spineless cowards are now the faces of this crime gang here.

This has nothing to do with real bikers or bikes.....
    The guys allowing themselves to be patched over were already in a support crew for the Bandidos. They will have been delighted that they're patched over now.

Pedro K wrote: »
    The guys allowing themselves to be patched over were already in a support crew for the Bandidos. They will have been delighted that they're patched over now.

So I've heard, it still doesn't change my opinion of them though. I stayed with a few different clubs across europe some years ago and what I found was the bigger the club the more BS was attached, the more 'rituals' and macho ****e attached, a lot of impressionable members feel they have to push their patch around and as a result cause unnecessary trouble. That's what I found to be the case at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

So I've heard, it still doesn't change my opinion of them though. I stayed with a few different clubs across europe some years ago and what I found was the bigger the club the more BS was attached, the more 'rituals' and macho ****e attached, a lot of impressionable members feel they have to push their patch around and as a result cause unnecessary trouble. That's what I found to be the case at least.

Bored talent-less middle-aged alcoholic high-cholesterol lazy fat bastards, with no cause or sense of purpose.

• Advertisement

rat_race wrote: »
    Bored talent-less middle-aged alcoholic high-cholesterol lazy fat bastards, with no cause or sense of purpose...

...MC. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Who's with me? :) I bagzy president!

I'm so in, brah. :cool:

I'll be VP, Dude.... now what does VP mean....:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Ooooh will there be leather jackets and bandanas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Bored talent-less middle-aged alcoholic high-cholesterol lazy fat bastards, with no cause or sense of purpose.
    I'll be VP, Dude.... now what does VP mean....:P
    serious3 wrote: »
    Ooooh will there be leather jackets and bandanas?

OK now the MC is started, who's up for the split? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Ye need to stick on yer arseless chaps and go for a ride :D

Advertisement