Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Yamaha R6

• 13-10-2016 10:00pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭

Finally, a new 600. There may still be life in this category after all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The super sport 600 is dead, one manufacturer producing a new bike ain't going to save it. Racing is the only thing keeping it alive, but super twins and Moto3 have shown that popular race bikes can be replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Looks great. No revisions to the engine or anything though from what I can see which is a bit disappointing. I'd still love one! Any word on pricing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

sonic85 wrote: »
    Looks great. No revisions to the engine or anything though from what I can see which is a bit disappointing. I'd still love one! Any word on pricing?

12,500 dollars in America with the quickshifter being an optional extra for them over there.
    European bikes will have it as standard.
    Just over 130bhp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

12,500 dollars in America with the quickshifter being an optional extra for them over there.
    European bikes will have it as standard.
    Just over 130bhp.

Probably around 13 or 14 grand here then I suppose?

The current one makes about 122 doesn't it so an increase of about 8hp. Not too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

R1 front forks,rear suspension and brakes on it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

More a styling update with electronics that aren't really needed. At least it's something but no claimed engine changes (identical architecture on spec and same claimed power) and chassis seems the same too besides forks. Likely slightly heavier I'd imagine as well.
    For more than the current bike you'd want to be mad I think but at least there's another option if you want a brand new 600

Advertisement