Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone train in the morning

• 13-10-2016 10:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭

Like the title says. Training very early in the morning! I work in construction and by the time I'm home from work and after diner, I'm shattered. I could maybe deal with being shattered and training but also have to deal with the very busy period in the gym and have been put off by it. My gym time used to be 3.30-5.30 every other day and really enjoyed it. Put in lots of muscle And had more confidence about me. Now, with work, I'm burning more than I'm taking in and losing muscle. Now, I want to start training and eating again to build myself back up so maybe thinking of early gym sessions about 6.30am.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Just hitting the hay now, up for 6 am training session x 5 days per week! I have my gym in the garage though which is handier although when i iddin't i was in westwood for 630 am each morning. Sleep is vital as is a good diet, train on an empty stomach if you can and have breakfast after training (don't skip it). Peace love and muscles to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Do you have any particular concerns? Why not just do a few morning sessions and see how it goes?

Personally I am not a morning person and my 15 minute cycle commute is more than enough excitement before coffee for me, so I would never work out in the morning, but it depends entirely on the person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

Zillah wrote: »
    Do you have any particular concerns? Why not just do a few morning sessions and see how it goes?

Personally I am not a morning person and my 15 minute cycle commute is more than enough excitement before coffee for me, so I would never work out in the morning, but it depends entirely on the person.

Concerns are i need to build myself up again for more confidence and to lose the flubber. I feel skinny fat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

mcneil wrote: »
    Concerns are i need to build myself up again for more confidence and to lose the flubber. I feel skinny fat

It all depends on the person.
    Just go to the gym in the morning and if you like it then keep doing it. If you dont then go in the evenings.

I could never do morning gym sessions. Im already up at 6:30 every morning (the wifes fault :D) to cook breakfast and get ready for work.
    I couldnt see myself getting up earlier.

I much prefer to workout in the evening and then just go to sleep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Train in the morning. It's the best option for busy people. You've no excuse to miss a session that way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Oh, it's hateful but yes I feel I get more from it than any other :(

Not a morning person lol.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Train when you have energy.

If you want energy in the morning, eat late at night and go to bed early... works for me!

I also have my own gym at home - certainly is more convenient.

But not essential. Use whatever resources you have at your disposal - preferably free or cheap if you can manage it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

I much prefer mornings! Luckily I start work most days at 09:30 so I'm up at 06:30, leave the house at 07:00, in the gym by 08:00 and then off to work by 09:00. Probably not as early as some people here but I do have a long commute so 08:00 is the only time worth it.

It can be pretty easy to skip a day if you have a long night. I always try to be in bed by 22:30-23:00. Bowl of porridge in the morning and your sorted, full of energy.

To echo the OP, I absolutely despise peak times and avoid them like the plague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Yesterday morning I was thinking of all the posts on here about gyms being wedged. At the time I was in an empty gym using 3 barbells at once (stripping weights off one, lifting with another and getting the third set up for the next exercise)

I'm definitely not firing at 100% at 7am but getting extra work done at 95% more than makes up for it.

Advertisement