Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Philips CorePro LEDspot MV any good?

Options
  • 13-10-2016 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭

Looking to put 100 of these into our new build soon.

A good choice of LED?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Normally Phillips LED's are good, I have the master range and no complaints. Something about this one looks cheap tho.

I'd buy one, set it up in a dark room and test before buying 100 of them.

Now much are they costing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

How much?

Have used something similar worked out well

The LLM is at 70 percent and it has an impressive 390 lumens so you'll have 70 of that by the end of the guarantee.

Decent lamp. For that amount you could ring Philips directly and get advice from them they have different lamps sometimes .

Do you want to dim them or turn them on with pirs etc, these things make a difference for 100 lamps I'd ask Philips directly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Actually, forget what I just said, I was confused with the previous version I had.

These are the newer version non dimmable, I have them everywhere, really pleased with them.

Keep or request the invoice for them, 1 or two will start to flicker within a year but they are covered under guarantee for 4 years (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭rodge123

Steve wrote: »
    Actually, forget what I just said, I was confused with the previous version I had.

These are the newer version non dimmable, I have them everywhere, really pleased with them.

Keep or request the invoice for them, 1 or two will start to flicker within a year but they are covered under guarantee for 4 years (I think).

Father in law picked up 4 in Limerick for me at €5.70 each.
    Will test them out at the weekend.

Any ideas on where might give the best bulk buy price?

Stoner wrote: »
    How much?

Have used something similar worked out well

The LLM is at 70 percent and it has an impressive 390 lumens so you'll have 70 of that by the end of the guarantee.

Decent lamp. For that amount you could ring Philips directly and get advice from them they have different lamps sometimes .

Do you want to dim them or turn them on with pirs etc, these things make a difference for 100 lamps I'd ask Philips directly

€5.70 each, haven't asked about bulk buy discount yet.
    Don't require dimming for these, just standard wall switches.

• Advertisement

rodge123 wrote: »
    Father in law picked up 4 in Limerick for me at €5.70 each.
    Will test them out at the weekend.

Any ideas on where might give the best bulk buy price?

I get them from http://www.eurosales.ie/ call them and haggle ;)

Good value there. You can still get Philips advice and buy them from eurosales.
    I've been there before about to buy them and Philips told me about another lamp they had that was a little bit better, think it had a better warranty , it's worth a shot as it would be 100 warranties in your case. Or maybe an extra 10 percent lumens etc

Boards.ie: €20 8 Pack - Philips Dimmable LED Bulbs 6W (40W) E27 - http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057659512

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Stoner wrote: »
    Boards.ie: €20 8 Pack - Philips Dimmable LED Bulbs 6W (40W) E27 - http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057659512

Unfortunately plus €12 postage!

Unfortunately plus €12 postage!

And not GU10 either so I was well off.

Everything from an SD card to a 60' TV is 12.50 postage from amazon!

• Advertisement

Steve wrote: »
    I get them from http://www.eurosales.ie/ call them and haggle ;)

Got a quote off them.
    They say they only have a 2 year warranty?
    Seems very low for something that is supposed to have 15000hrs lifetime?

rodge123 wrote:
    Got a quote off them. They say they only have a 2 year warranty? Seems very low for something that is supposed to have 15000hrs lifetime?

I think it's an either or. When they get to this price point they become commodities. They are very good exchanging lamps within warranty. They check the code on the lamp and add your new lamp to that existing guarantee. So although some of the 5 year warranties have failed you kind of have a lamp for 5 years might not be the same lamp though!

Advertisement