Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver repair or replacement?

Options
  • 13-10-2016 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I've noticed for some time now that one if the drivers on one if my speakers buzzes or sound distorted with very low base sounds.

They are not the most expensive gale speakers (3040) and a replacement driver unit might be hard to get. This got me thinking about something, could I replace the driver unit with a pair of new mids and matching tweeter? I know people build their own speakers, couldn't I use the dame drivers and instead of making a new speaker enclosure use the two gale speakers?

Where should I start looking for driver units and find out what would be considered pretty decent? I have a marantz sr5400 and pair of mission m71 I'll be pairing the gales with.

Advertisement