Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a rehersal room

• 14-10-2016 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

So I'm sure there are plenty of people who are like me, who have been practicing at home for some time and are looking to get out more and play in front of more people.
    I was wondering if there is anyone in a similar situation who may be interested in renting out some rehearsal space to like meet and play play music to each other?
    I have a venue in mind, haven't got a quote on pricing yet or if they'll be able to accommodate it yet but I don't see why they wouldn't, I'm putting it up here first to scope out if there would be interest in such a thing

My idea is basically a small group meeting, playing some tunes on rotation and learning and getting better together, I'd also open it up to more experienced DJ's who might want to drop in to pass on some knowledge. also a networking tool for people who share similar interests and tastes, so what do people think? good or bad idea? anyone tried any similar? any obstacles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

I'd be interested. Only been producing up to this point but wouldn't mind learning the basics and having a bit of craic while doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 2XL

Class man, where are you based? what kind of music you into? wouldn't be worried if we're not into exactly the same kind of stuff cause like you said just mainly a bit of craic

obviously be cheaper the more people we can get to join us, so anyone else out there don't be shy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Mainly Techno and House, open to anything though. Based in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 2XL

Class, yeah I'm based around Dublin, sending ya a PM

Advertisement