Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Internet Speed - PS4

Options
  • 14-10-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have stable near 100MB internet speeds on various devices - laptop, desktop, iPad and iPhone.

However, with the PS4 I have been getting very, very slow speeds for a while now, culminating with a speed of less than 2MB while trying to download the Infinite Warfare BETA today. On my Xbox One, I do also get slower speeds than I would on the aforementioned devices but we are talking circa 35MB-50MB, so still up to 25 times faster than the PS4.

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue, if it is a common issue, or if anyone knows a workaround (unfortunately, going wired is not an option for me)?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

PSN speeds are capped at busy times much lower than XBL. Even if you go wired the PS4 still only has a base 10 network connection not a gigaspeed one like Xbox has. Basically it's all Sony's fault.

Wired is an option for everyone with powerline plugs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Paully D wrote: »
    (unfortunately, going wired is not an option for me)?
    Thanks guys.

It is an option: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=power+line

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

PSN servers are prehistorically slow.took me 8 hours or so to Download Mafia 3,ive a 360mb connection and the ps4 wired into the router..

The PS4 Pro has a Gigiabit ethernet connection but it wont mean a thing if you are d/ling off the same servers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its pathetic. PS3/4 have lovely UI for netflix, but the amount of buffering due to the crappy cap makes it unwatchable.

Did a speedtest the other day. I get 90+ on my phone, got 1.25 on the PS4 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thanks for the replies guys.

Glad to know it's not just me. I have only recently got fibre broadband and thought I'd be laughing once I got that in terms of being able to download games etc! Little did I know. :eek:

Getting near 8MB on a connection test on PS4 using my phone as a hotspot. That will do for now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement