Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline - reconnection

Options
  • 14-10-2016 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi there, 

We recently moved into the old family home. The Eir account was cancelled a few months ago after my parent had died. 

I have a broadband plan with another service provider (would consider switching) but I would like to activate the landline (and restore our old phone number). 

Is a phone number associated with a house - is there a way of finding out if the number is still attached to this house? (Can PM address on response) 

If we took up the landline offer as part of a bundle with Eir, or indeed another provider - could we retrieve our old phone number? 

We heard over the course of the past few months that a lot of my parent's friends who lived internationally contacted using that number and we are losing touch with people. 

Thanks in advance,

C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 candy chaos

In the meantime I've checked the landline using the 199000 checking number and there is a new number there. So my question is - how possible it is to reclaim an old number? (It is not in use, I have dialled it a few times to check).

I know this might seem like a silly request. I think we cancelled in haste not knowing anyone would occupy the house again and worrying about bills piling up. It actually was tied to so many other aspects of our lives and staying in touch with older relatives that I regret it now! 

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi there, 

We recently moved into the old family home. The Eir account was cancelled a few months ago after my parent had died. 

I have a broadband plan with another service provider (would consider switching) but I would like to activate the landline (and restore our old phone number). 

Is a phone number associated with a house - is there a way of finding out if the number is still attached to this house? (Can PM address on response) 

If we took up the landline offer as part of a bundle with Eir, or indeed another provider - could we retrieve our old phone number? 

We heard over the course of the past few months that a lot of my parent's friends who lived internationally contacted using that number and we are losing touch with people. 

Thanks in advance,

C
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]candy chaos,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can check the number allocated to the line or soft dial tone by plugging a phone into the socket and dialling 199000. I'll check this with the number swap team now and get back to you on it. In the meantime will you PM me the number and I'll check if it’s vacant.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Thanks for the quick reply, Pamela. 

PM Sent. 

PM Sent. 
    No problem candy chaos :D

-Pamela 

PM Sent. 

-Pamela 
    Hi there, I have left this message lapse, but would like to follow up with someone from Eir about using our old landline number with our account. Can someone PM me so that I can go through the details? 

(see previous thread for background)

Thank you, and apologies for the confusing message !

• Advertisement

PM Sent. 

-Pamela 
    Hi there, I have left this message lapse, but would like to follow up with someone from Eir about using our old landline number with our account. Can someone PM me so that I can go through the details? 

(see previous thread for background)

Thank you, and apologies for the confusing message !
    No worries  candy chaos, can you PM me?

-Pamela 

Advertisement