Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6 points and insurance claim

• 14-10-2016 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi im a 24 year old male and in the past year im after acquiring 6 penalty points and have recently been involved in a car accident of my own wrong doing and am expected to have a claim of around €3000 off that. My previous insurance was €550. Im just third party. Im just wondering what could I expect my insurance to be or could I expect to be refused insurance?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Get on the phone and start ringing. If you get refused by three, one of them will have to quote you, however you will not like the quote. Check local brokers of course also. Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

bobjimmy wrote: »
    Hi im a 24 year old male and in the past year im after acquiring 6 penalty points and have recently been involved in a car accident of my own wrong doing and am expected to have a claim of around €3000 off that. My previous insurance was €550. Im just third party. Im just wondering what could I expect my insurance to be or could I expect to be refused insurance?

Are you expecting penalty points from being the cause of the accident? Are there any criminal ramifications for causing the crash? Can you settle without there being a claim on your insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

Can you pay off the 3,000 euro instead of claiming ? will there be a personal claim? if you can be certain there won't be ,it looks the hassle free option? i could be wrong

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

There's only one way to find out, and that's to ask for a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

With regard to the accident, please make sure it is reported to your insurers, as required by your policy conditions. A claim for €3k worth of damage has the possibility of a personal injury claim coming in and insurers will not be best pleased if it goes wrong trying to settle privately

• Advertisement
Advertisement