Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELL IN A CELL PRE & LIVE SHOW THREAD

• 14-10-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb3C6sczb3sv_IFtzLS-_T7pOB_xJ_Km4ruIHkfsGWEV8Ku-Qc

2nd RAW only PPV, 5 matches announced so far, 3 of those to take place inside the Cell

Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Universal Championship
    Kevin Owens (c) vs. Seth Rollins

Hell in a Cell match for the WWE United States Championship
    Roman Reigns (c) vs. Rusev

Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
    Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte

Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship[13]
    T.J. Perkins (c) vs. Brian Kendrick

Tag team match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
    The New Day (c) vs. Cesaro and Sheamus

More matches TBD I'd imagine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

PPV Burnout at this stage for me.

Does anyone know if the WWE still do traditional PPV through cable providers in the States or are they only available on the Network there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've only read about the PPV's the following day.. It's like a PPV every 3/4 weeks now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm similar as I watched clash of champions eventually and haven't watched no mercy but a friend told me last night that the world title and IC match were great so I will probably watch them. But yeah the novelty of a ppv was it was a once a month thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

read somewhere that there still unsure what to do with Chris Jericho as regards HIAC

I can see him being the special ref with him either turning on KO or making KO lose and KO will kick the crap out of him (writing him off tv for a while) or Seth will attack him after the match

hopefully he sticks around til After the rumble and then go to fozzy land (who are a horrible band btw and only make there money off y2j lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Since SummerSlam I've now cut out RAW & SD. I'll listen to a podcast +/- highlights on YouTube. You can't expect fans to just add 3 hours to their month, after just asking them to watch 2 hours of Smackdown again, on top of pre-shows and post-show talk shows, nevermind adding an extra hour to SummerSlam and RAW overrun...

Aug 21 S'Slam
    Sep 11 Backlash
    Sept 14 CWC Finale (listed as Network event on Wikipedia)
    Sep 25 COC
    Oct 9 No Mercy
    Oct 30 HIAC
    Nov 19 NXT Toronto
    Nov 20 S'Series

That's 8 Specials in 13 weeks -- or 1 less than every 12 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

While I'm all for equality, the reality is that the Sasha/Charlotte match will main event not because its the best story with the best characters and the best build, but because they want to pat themselves on the back for letting the women main event. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    While I'm all for equality, the reality is that the Sasha/Charlotte match will main event not because its the best story with the best characters and the best build, but because they want to pat themselves on the back for letting the women main event. :/

Honestly it probably is the best storyline on raw but admittedly the bar is not high.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I guess to be considered main event they need to be in it on a regular basis for people to believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I wouldn't mind it being main event if I wasn't completely sick of the story and the obvious outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Sure the first match last week was the main event. They could put it anywhere in the card now and still try to call it a main event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They've given it enough of a push IMO for it to be a genuine main event IMO. They're making the women's division into more and more of a big deal which is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well he's backtracked on that comment about the girls being the main main event(last match on) and is saying that the card order isn't set until a few hours until the event starts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I really like how they are making the woman such a big deal but I still don't like how they are dealing with this match and the fact that it comes across as them having a HIAC match because the woman want to show "we can do it too" instead of because the storyline was gone so far that the only way to settle it is inside the hellacious HIAC structure and that the fact that they are going into the cell actually has the two women (or at the very least the one who didn't propose the stip) scared about how this stipulation match shortens careers etc I mean it would be an easy sell for Charlotte to try and beat this point home for Sasha after her recent injuries / near injuries when they faced each other in less extreme matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

what annoys me so much is that Steph has to continuously stick her nose in there to take credit that she isn't due.
    they're getting over because they're great wrestlers who are finally allowed to do what they do best, instead of being held back by the Total Divas BS or backstage politicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is this the first women's HIAC match?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is this the first women's HIAC match?

yep.

Actually as much as I really enjoy her work Sasha mentioning the womens revolution in every promo of hers is starting to annoy me too. Some thing just work better when left unsaid (and therefore not seemingly like the point is being forced). If they had to talk about it they if anything should be saying the opposite when commentators or whoever go on about how they are leading the womens revolution with such moments and point out that it isn't anything special that women are doing what they are doing because women can do anything men can do etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The final card for the ppv this Sunday:-

Hell In a Cell for the WWE Universal Title
    Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens (c)

Hell In a Cell Match for the WWE United States Title
    Rusev vs. Roman Reigns (c)

Hell In a Cell for the WWE RAW Women’s Title Match
    Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks (c)

WWE RAW Tag Team Title Match
    Cesaro and Sheamus vs. The New Day (c)

WWE RAW Cruiserweight Title Match
    Brian Kendrick vs. TJ Perkins (c)

Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson

Bayley vs. Dana Brooke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Don't forget this is at 12am (pre-show 11pm) because of the time difference with our clocks going back. Same with all programming for a week before the US put theirs back next Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bayley and/or Enzo matches on preshow, I would guess.

• Advertisement

Bayley's been relegated to pre-show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Either Triple H or y2j too cost Seth the title

can see y2j being suspended (keyfabe) on Raw monday for doing something ie (title rematch on raw if y2j interferes he will suspended and he will interfere), as he not listed for the Glasgow Raw show (but is for the tour)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Bayley and/or Enzo matches on preshow, I would guess.

There's a 6 man Crusierweight tag on the Pre-show.
    Cedric Alexander, Sin Cara & Lince Dorado

vs

Drew Gulak, Tony Nese and Ariya Daivari

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Remember folks the clocks went back last night so the pre show will be at 11 and main show kick off at midnight

Charlotte/Sasha's match to close out Hell In A Cell tonight

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is anyone else wwe network not working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hope they split these HIAC matches up. One to start the show, one in the middle and one in the main event. Three in a row will make them utterly forgettable.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Hope they split these HIAC matches up. One to start the show, one in the middle and one in the main event. Three in a row will make them utterly forgettable.

That's what I saw on Reddit's Squared Circle
    One to start, one in the middle, and one to end the show

Rusev/Reigns - strong opening match....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Great way to open the show, doubt anyone will top that.

Advertisement