Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELL IN A CELL PRE & LIVE SHOW THREAD

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The main event is a classic example of two really good wrestlers being really let down by stupid booking. That match should have been the blow off to the feud, and the feel good ending of Sasha finally beating Charlotte at PPV, in a historic match up, in her home town....that writes itself.

NOPE, says WWE, who instead opt to have Charlotte beat Sasha to win the title again, killing the crowd and ensuring we don't get a satisfactory ending. Its like, every now and again, WWE like to stick the two fingers up at fans and laugh in their faces.

Match quality wise, the event was fine, but my interest in the stories (or lack thereof) has me seriously considering just not bothering with Raw for a few weeks....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The way its going Charlotte will be a 16 time, 16 time, wooo, 16 time champion before Cena......WOOOOOOO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Jesus that KotR 98 stretcher remake was absolutely terrible. Camera cables wrapped in the neck brace. I didn't think the milking of Eddie Guerrero's death could get any worse but WWE continues to prove me wrong. "He's looking down with a smile on his face tonight" was absolutely disgusting. Sasha Banks really needs to be quicker when setting up moves though, that spot where she knees Charlotte onto the chair, Charlotte was lying on the ropes for a good 20 seconds. The two really showed that the women's division cannot improvise though, after that table break and rushed finish. Okay match, shouldn't have gone on last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I didn't think I could dislike Roman Reigns anymore than I did before this but I detest him now even more all because Vince wants him to be Superman.

I feel so sorry for Rusev having to lie down for That Guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was the table for the final spot supposed to be on the second rope? Table looked a bit weird perched on the bottom rope and Sasha gave it an awkward glance and left it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought it was bad form when the fans booed the table breaking under Charlotte.

Do have to wonder what Sasha was thinking that she moved the table to the other corner of the ring for the power bomb when she would've just left it where it was. I assume it was meant to break when she was thrown on it.

I just hope, if they're going to continue this feud, they just continue like a normal feud and don't go on a whole thing about making history, etc. Like Sasha come out tonight saying how she respects Charlotte and all that. Best way to do this women's revolution thing they're doing is to not keep bigging it up and just do it. Like I didn't see Foley trying to convince the other guys not to have their matches.

Honestly, I can't think of any of the feuds on Raw that I could care about anymore. Seems this just set up Rollins and Jericho, so we hav eto see who takes Rollins' place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I saw some disgusting comments online this morning about sasha and having a hair piece. Some fans would make you sick

ricero wrote: »
    I saw some disgusting comments online this morning about sasha and having a hair piece. Some fans would make you sick

She's got a weave though, hasn't she? Pretty sure nearly every WWE woman has weaves/extensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Also great medics they have when they put the neck brace on Sasha they attacked the tv cables to it as well.

Becky also has the weave on her head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Kevin Owens will prob go on to lead team Raw at SS and the title will be put in the background for a while

Seth vs y2j deff happening now

Hope Rusev and reigns both move away from each other

New Day still champs yawn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Well that Red Talk was cringeworthy for Bayley, I wonder if Vince told Booker to take that dump on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

Rollins vs KO was easily the MOTN imo.

Rollins strength deadlifting KO was incredible. It's mad how deceptively strong he is. I was sure once it looked as though the spot was botched he wouldn't have a chance deadlifting Owens huge frame up. Very impressive core strength. I am surprised he doesn't do more power moves given how he can manhandle much larger men.. He is certainly pound for pound stronger than Reigns who struggled to deadlift powerbomb Owens and didn't even manage to get him high up.

r0g5Aw.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pinkman wrote: »
    Rollins strength deadlifting KO was incredible. It's mad how deceptively strong he is. I was sure once it looked as though the spot was botched he wouldn't have a chance deadlifting Owens huge frame up. Very impressive core strength. I am surprised he doesn't do more power moves given how he can manhandle much larger men.. He is certainly pound for pound stronger than Reigns who struggled to deadlift powerbomb Owens and didn't even manage to get him high up.

Owens sits up for him. Look at the way he grabs Rollins' left hand and hoists himself up. I would credit that as good work from Owens rather than Rollins.

I thought the show was a disappointment, mainly due to the booking of the finishes. If I was a Boston native I would be in no hurry to go back to a WWE show in future.

The cruiserweight pre-show opener was good with the faces winning as expected.

I thought the Reigns vs Rusev match was good. I don't understand people complaining about Reigns winning. Since when does the evil foreigner beat the babyface in the blow-off to the feud? Some of the finishes on the show were dumb but this wasn't one of them.

Bayley match was poor. Hopefully she moves on from Dana Brooke who isn't good enough to be in the top mix.

Gallows and Anderson winning was what I expected. Usual 50/50 booking where no one really gets over.

Owens vs Rollins was the best match on the show.

Kendrick vs Perkins was dead; terrible positioning of this match on the show and Perkins looked like such a fool falling for that. You never want a babyface to come across like an idiot. They have killed this division already.

The next two matches had the finishes I didn't care for: The New Day weren't going to lose the titles as yet but surely there is a better finish they could come up with than a DQ one. I was sure this finish meant Sasha was winning the main event as I figured they must think they can get away with it by sending the fans home happy via the main event. However...

That was lousy booking in the main event. I can only figure Charlotte winning was to protect the PPV streak she has, and while I like that she has this streak, if you're going to present this as a historic first match of women in a cell then the hometown heroine has to win. Simple as that. The way the finish was done was so poor. I felt there was a chance Nia Jax might turn up in the Cell and cost Sasha as a way to present her as Charlotte's new associate, which at least would have protected Sasha and given Nia some heat, but the finish they did just killed the audience.

Even leaving aside the lousy finish though, the match wasn't great. They messed up a lot of spots and I expect those table moments to be in the new Botchamania.

Will probably be a long time before we see women main eventing a PPV sadly.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Well that Red Talk was cringeworthy for Bayley, I wonder if Vince told Booker to take that dump on her.

What did Booker say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

J. Marston wrote: »
    What did Booker say?

They asked her if she could say anything to anyone what would it be, so Bayley called out Charlotte after initially hesitating. Booker basically told her that she'd have to do better than that and cut his own promo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I felt there was a chance Nia Jax might turn up in the Cell and cost Sasha as a way to present her as Charlotte's new associate, which at least would have protected Sasha and given Nia some heat, but the finish they did just killed the audience.

Forgot about Nia Jax. Is she injured? Haven't seen her on Raw in a while

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Forgot about Nia Jax. Is she injured? Haven't seen her on Raw in a while

I haven't heard of her being injured. I think she may have been on an episode of Superstars recently.

I thought maybe there was a reason they took her off TV and that they might have a storyline lined up for her. Maybe she will destroy Bayley or Sasha tonight and go into a new feud.

Advertisement