Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alarm sensor hkc

Options
  • 14-10-2016 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi I have a new inertia sensor from hkc .My question can it be mounted vertically ie arrow on top of sensor long length facing up-words .The information from the this site seems to indicates it can only be mounted horizontally i.e longways and you should be able to read the sensor details. I have to replace a old sensor.It would indicate i would have to place the sensor on top of the frame of the door and do some re-wiring. Any help would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Which HKC sensor is it? They have a slim line one which can be fitted and will function on any orientation. If it is the standard type one, which has the cover screw exactly in the middle of the cover, then the head of the sensor has to be facing up to the sky, as per the arrow on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

Thank for the reply its a standard sensor.If I open the sensor and the clear plastic coil at the top of the unit has an arrow on the top of the coil say pointing right does that mean the arrow must be pointing to the sky and hence the unit can ideally only be used on a horizontal surface.?I hope this makes sense?
    Again thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The holder for the sensor barrel can also rotate 90 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

Thanks for your help ,that solves that solves the problem.

Advertisement