Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel confirmation email price mistake?

Options
  • 14-10-2016 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I booked a hotel room in Killarney for Sat - Mon. I was quoted a price of €196.60 - room only. I was told a confirmation e-mail would be sent out in the next few days. Today, I rang up & added the Fri night to the existing booking. I was quoted €294.90 for 3 nights.

A few hrs later my first confirmation e-mail came thru, but only had the initial 2 nights confirmed. I mailed back pointing out that I had another night booked asking for the mail to be amended reflecting as such.

When I received the 2nd confirmation e-mail, it had the extra night included but at the original price of €196.60 and it was signed by a member of the reservation team.

My question is; do the hotel have to honour that price by law, even if it was a mistake? It's there in black and white; 3 nights = €196.60 and signed. (fingers crossed, need this break away with hubby on the cheap from 4 hormonal teenagers who have me broke!:rolleyes:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I wouldn't be 100% certain its a mistake - it wouldn't be out of the question for there to be a 3rd night free deal off-peak. Dig through the hotels website to check or make a further dummy booking search to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭webpal

Be honest and point out the mistake upon check in (if it is a mistake), they might waive it or upgrade you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

Beckala wrote:
    My question is; do the hotel have to honour that price by law, even if it was a mistake? It's there in black and white; 3 nights = €196.60 and signed. (fingers crossed, need this break away with hubby on the cheap from 4 hormonal teenagers who have me broke! )

AFAIK if it appears to be a mistake and by your own admission you say it maybe they are not bound to honour it. However you can always ring the hotel and confirm the price.
    As another poster said they may just waive the extra price, don't think I'd wait till I was at the check in desk to be honest.

Advertisement