Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre - Beware !!

Options
  • 14-10-2016 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

We have 5 Huawei F2000 Routers in 6 weeks, None of which work

Eir%20Hauwei%20F2000%20Routers_zps07d3aiyq.jpg

We signed up to Eir Fiber in August and the technician came out to the house and setup + fit the Huawei F2000 router along with e-vision on the 2nd September. We have had absolutely nothing but headache after headache and endless amounts of phone calls to Eir technical support regarding no wireless broadband in the house due to the 2.4G stopping broadcasting when ever it feels like.

The 2.4G could work for 5 minuets or 5 hours and then it will start slow down and eventually stop broadcasting. The 2.4G chips are not ''burning out'' on their board as the 2.4G will broadcast again at some stage it could be days later. The 5G there is absolutely no issue with broadcasting but that is absolutely no use as only the latest technology gadgets will pick up 5G.

Eir technical support have sent us router after router, gone through every thing possible and it does not fix the issue with the 2.4G broadcasting issue. We have no internet 99% of the time, Eir have refused to admit their is an issue with the Huawei F2000 routers.

• Factory Resetting The Router
    • Firmware Update
    • Firmware Rollback
    • Renaming The SSID
    • Guest WiFi
    • Changing The Channels Manually
    • Turning Off 5G
    • Resetting The DSL Line
    • Issued 4 Replacement Routers Which Have The Same Issues
    • Over 20 Phone Calls Reporting The Same Issue With No Result

Eir Technical Support have told use to contact the loyalty team regarding this issue and if they can help come up with a resolution. We contacted the loyalty team who told us we must contact the technical support team regarding this issue.

Today I had enough, I came home from work to yet ANOTHER day with no WiFi, no solution and nobody willing to come to an agreement. I have proposed to Eir to cover the cost of me purchasing a 3rd party router that will solve this problem and we will have no more issues. They wont agree to this.

I spoke with a technician today who informed me he is dealing with this issue EVERYDAY, that he receives phone call after phone call with the same issue EVERYDAY and that Eir is COMPILING A CASE AGAINST HAUWEI.

So yet another phone call to Eir with no solution and Eir expect us to pay the bill with no service.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There's no way you've got that many duds, Eir arent the only ones using them. There's something environmental thats been missed or you're receiving a bad config over pinhole management.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

ED E wrote: »
    There's no way you've got that many duds, Eir arent the only ones using them. There's something environmental thats been missed or you're receiving a bad config over pinhole management.

Dude we do have 5 of them with all the same issue. There is absolutely nothing in the hall way other than a lamp that is in the photo. They have admitted today there is a issue with the routers and they are compiling a case against the manufacture.

I have asked them for the older F1000 router which they tell me they no longer have anymore so cannot issue me with one.

If you good F2000 router it literally blows up with nothing but issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

Only stopgap in the meantime would be to bridge it to a router of your own (will have better wifi signal anyway) until they give you a different modem. I did that with the F1000 when I was at college, wifi signal was crap on it as well.

Only stopgap in the meantime would be to bridge it to a router of your own (will have better wifi signal anyway) until they give you a different modem. I did that with the F1000 when I was at college, wifi signal was crap on it as well.

Supposedly Eir have the bridging blocked on the F2000 router. I dont have another router to use unfortunately and we have 9 WiFi devices in the house, the cheapest ''decent'' router I found to work on the vdsl line was €90. The only solution is to eliminate these disaster f2000 routers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Supposedly Eir have the bridging blocked on the F2000 router. I dont have another router to use unfortunately and we have 9 WiFi devices in the house, the cheapest ''decent'' router I found to work on the vdsl line was €90. The only solution is to eliminate these disaster f2000 routers

Bridging is not blocked, I'm using one bridged here. I think it's best you use your own wireless router

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Dont believe that there is an issue with router/s.
    it must be something at your home, in last place where i lived i could not get connection to wifi in living room, had to go to kitchen - after move this same router - no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have one of those F2000's and its been fine for over a year and a half now. I'm not saying that faults can't happen, but 5 of them in sequence?? There has to be some other factor involved

My issue with them is they seem to block certain ports so I can't get VPN/DirectAccess running on my home Domain

There is a software issue on Eir's side as the routers will not allow them to log in after the boot it.

We have plugged the routers in various rooms because they will still broadcast wifi without the dsl cable plugged in and it makes no difference.

Eir have admitted to me today they know of this issue and they are compiling a case against the manufacture but yet they wont solve the issue for me.

If eir have admitted it why does everyone think theres nothing wrong with the 5 boxes I have ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

If eir have admitted it why does everyone think theres nothing wrong with the 5 boxes I have ?

Because some of us here are have more experience. You have a local wireless interference problem. Eir have no idea what's happening

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There is a software issue on Eir's side as the routers will not allow them to log in after the boot it.

This.
    Its Pinhole management gone wrong.

If you debrand one of them you'll find its working perfectly. Reset one, plug it in, when it stops working call them and get them to check the management gateways logs. It'll show an automatic push that their L1s are forgetting to stop.

• Advertisement

Because some of us here are have more experience. You have a local wireless interference problem. Eir have no idea what's happening

We have tried the box's in another house that has fibre and they also don't work. There is no cordless phones, no baby monitors, no microwaves. We never had this issue with the previous dsl box before we upgraded to fibre.

If Eir are now after admitting their is an issue to me on Friday how could there be an interference problem in the house ?
    This.
    Its Pinhole management gone wrong.

If you debrand one of them you'll find its working perfectly. Reset one, plug it in, when it stops working call them and get them to check the management gateways logs. It'll show an automatic push that their L1s are forgetting to stop.

We have reset the to factory settings several times and contacted them the minuet it stops broadcasting. It could be 2 minuets or 2 hours after the factory rest and sometimes even a reset does not fix the issue.

If anybody on here has a suggestion I am willing to try it but by the looks of things we have gone through everything with Eir, there technicians where in the house and it still doesn't work. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

I was suspecting an issue with interference in your house or on your line. But as the routers don't work in another house, this is odd. So whats the odds that one customer can get 5 modems in a row that are faulty whilst other customers have had one modem that worked from day one.
    I'm thinking that as the modems get a software update the first time that they are connected to the line, it could be that it's an issue with your port config or your billing setup is incorrect resulting in a failure to authenticate and either could render the modems useless after the initial connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Try this on one of them https://www.spark.co.nz/help/internet-data/equipment/huawei/hg659-gateway/update-modem-firmware-huawei-hg659/
    it would eliminate software issues if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Have you investigated whether it's any of your devices that are causing the issue? Spotty connectivity or the router not broadcasting sounds like you've a device gone rogue and not playing nicely with IP allocation. Disconnect everything and slowly add them back each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I was thinking its dropping itself into something like channel 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I was thinking its dropping itself into something like channel 14.

I bet that's it, it's selecting a channel that's out of range of the nic of his laptop. I had that problem with an ancient Acer laptop and the F1000, it drove me to distraction but I got to the bottom of it in the end. Fixing the channel to No.7 sorted it.

Advertisement