Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ClockWorkDoor Venue: Casuals Revival

Options
  • 14-10-2016 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

Boards somewhat dead but w/e, this will be on FB also.

So I have been in talks with the owner of a place called ClockWorkDoor
    Which is literally a 30sec walk from XGC on liffey st (Shout outs to Dreddybajs for tipping me off)

We're going to give this place a try, 4:00-10:00pm is the time planned.

Basically the place hosts Time rooms, we'll be having casuals in one of said rooms, the place itself is 2-5 rooms where you are free to relax in certain rooms, play board games, drink tea/Biscuits or just chill.

The day decided so far is Saturdays.

I am looking to gauge peoples interest in once again attending casuals, Pictures and info are linked above.

This will basically be XGC but with a room (to ourselves if desired) for a flat rate. 'The Study Room' is where we plan to try out first.

This rate is likely to change over time:

€10 for the day 4:00pm-10:00pm or 3.50 per hour

There's free wifi/biscuits/teas for the day

Initially, We'll be using the Community monitors for these events and storing them there should this turn out well. Consoles WILL have to be brought.

Anyway, want to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be going, really excited for this! I've seen the place and it's lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

Saturday casuals Kreygasm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

€10 for 4 - 10? That's unreal; how do they make money at all? :pac:

Best of luck with it, ye'd be mad not to make a go of this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

You've found something special here. I was literally wondering today where could future gaming sessions be held and found this thread. Good work man, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Might be able to pop along! Hopefully I'm not sick on Saturday. :L Caught some nasty head cold shenanigans that has been going around. Q_Q

• Advertisement
Advertisement